Started playing ranked and dislike it so far.

by ColdHours

Original Post

Re: Started playing ranked and dislike it so far.

★★ Expert
@ColdHours No one was suggestion you have to be a pro player.

You hit your best in Ranked. Hard to admit if you don't feel your skill is shown off by bronze or silver or whatever but its true.

Take those players from casual and play rank. You'll see what I mean. Players try harder in ranked than casual so you just have to be better than the enemy by coordinating better or simply having a higher skill than them. If you been at the same spot for a while now, time to get that team and continue pushing forward.

Otherwise, GG, can't expect the game to match you with perfect teammates. I even get trash teammates that do less than 100dmg but we still manage to win by simply leading them to do what I suggest in order to survive longer.
Message 11 of 32 (426 Views)

★★ Expert
@apostolateofDOOM Yea I have been having a hard time now trying to coordinate as a solo to players who party up in a chat and refuse to listen to the random on their team.

But once i begin to lose 3 RP in a row, I'll gather a squad! and if I continue to lose after than I guess i'm just a plat player... sad face
Message 12 of 32 (422 Views)

★★★ Guide
@iBlockHead i have to ask, what's you playstyle?
Message 13 of 32 (401 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@ElBirriI like to play it safe if I'm with randoms. Keep my distance unless I see the randoms knocking players down, than I jump in.

My play style revolves around my teammates. If they aren't so great, I try to camp out in the best area possible for the circle while bringing them along.

If my teammates can hold their own and make their own smart decisions than I play aggressive, no survivors. If I see one player knocked, I'm going in to finish the job.

EDIT

What about yourself? 

Message 14 of 32 (393 Views)

★★★ Pro
@SlivPTS Not everyone has the means to put together a team. Timezones, languages, irl schedules all need to be in order first which is why most of us are condemned to solo queue.

Ranked is supposed to be a place for high level players to test their skills against eachother, not for half the lobby to camp because they aren't competent enough to handle themselves while one or two high level premades run around looking for easy kills. Even a level 50 requirement would be too low I think, I know any idiot with shooter experience can pick a gun and get some kills but you start to learn the flow of the game and it's mechanics by investing a lot of time into it and time equals level so at the very least a high level would know how to play the game even if they're bad at aiming and shooting so they can be of some use to the team whereas a low level would swipe all the gear from under your nose, then spend half an hour wondering what scope they want before getting downed in the ring and leave with absolutely no regards to their unfortunate teammates.
Message 15 of 32 (381 Views)

★★★ Guide
@iBlockHead oh you are not a rusher player.

me? a tactic one, picking fights instead kos, recon the zone and keep close with the team. but if i stay 1min inside a building they call me camper -.-
Message 16 of 32 (366 Views)

★ Pro
@Pretzelnutcake
I am not against. I support idea to increase requirement for ranked leagues. I am just saying that requirement "rank 100" will not change much... not in his case. And i already explained why.

"you start to learn the flow of the game and it's mechanics by investing a lot of time into it and time equals level"
Level 100 is not "a lot of time". I reached level 100 in around 2 weeks.
As i already wrote, you can rank up very fast in this game.
Message 17 of 32 (360 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

So you're telling that people at the lowest ranks are actually bad at the game? Well, guess the ranking system IS working quite well then. Or do you want diamond players to be stuck in silver?

If you're in low rank, of course it's worse than random normal games. It's SUPPOSED to be this way. It's the same as in any other game - if you're good enough, you can carry on your own. Wether you need to use your bad teammates as meatshields and threat detectors, or can just do it all by yourself is just the matter of how much better you are than the rank you're currently holding.

There are many aspects to being skilled at the game, but at the very bottom you really don't need much. Be decent at 1 thing and you can climb easily. And stop expecting others to be great at everything - they're not supposed to be, unless they're not "stuck" yet.

I've seen these types of "complaints" in every single ranked game i've played. Low ranked ppl ("stuck") just keep expecting that there's a magic pill that can make others extraordinary teammates (but somehow never acknowledge their own flaws). But that's not going to happen ever. You could put the limit on 10k hours played for entry and your lowest tier ranked players would still be exactly the same, you would just have a harder time finding a game, because there would be fewer of them.

The truth is simple - you want better teammates, you have to get better yourself and raise your rank. That is, if the ranking system is actually working and separating the good from the bad.

Alternatively - just get carried to higher rank. I guess that's always an option in team games.

Message 18 of 32 (343 Views)

The number 1 problem for ranked is you're forced to form a pre-made squad, especially in high rank. Pre-made squad >> random squad. Solution: make it more even by separating the pre-made squad from the random squad with matchmaking. Let's say if you're in pre-made squad, then you will be in a match where 99% of the squads are also pre-made squad. And if you're in random squad, then you will be in match where other squads are also random. I'm okay with waiting a bit longer as long as it's fair.

Message 19 of 32 (319 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Think your problem is trying to play ranked at such a late stage. I think the people who want to take ranked (somewhat) seriously have reached their rank by now and/or play in a full squad.

When ranked dropped I swear every other person who killed me had the 20 kill badge...in silver. Those players are long gone. Now you're left with the hot droppers, the leavers and...basically, those who don't give a shh or simply aren't as good as you. The only redeeming factor is you're unlikely to find a full squad of sweats in the lower ranks now.

Message 20 of 32 (277 Views)