Re: Started playing ranked and dislike it so far.

by DarthValtrex

Original Post

★★★ Guide
@ColdHours is hard to find the 3rd member pal.
Message 31 of 32 (163 Views)

[ Edited ]

LOL you have not played silver and seen it? There is or used to be a way for higher rank players to queue into low rank games. I think it may have been addressed with a recent update. But there was a fairly well known and sure fire way to join lower ranks. The first time I made a looking for group specifically to play ranked, I had 3-4 high rank players join my group/squad wanting to help me win. You used to be able to achieve that by joining the squad shortly after the lower rank players pressed the queue button. But I believe a recent update addressed this issue. If so thumbs up to the devs for fixing this.

Yes you can play in higher ranks than what you are at, so long as you have friends who are in higher ranks. When you get a group together if 2 of you are silver and 1 is platinum or diamond, you'll end up in Platinum or Diamond when you hit the queue.  That is unless you're intentionally trying to land in lower ranks. 

If you can hang in higher ranks, be my guest play in it with your higher rank friends. Your friends have to agree to it and it is their choice. You're not giving anyone a negative experience aside from your friends who signed up for it. But again it is their choice to do so.. It's not noob bashing.

But I don't think Platinum or Predator players should be in Bronze or Silver, that is noob bashing and it creates a negative experience for the noobs in lower ranks. I completely understand that preventing higher rank players from playing in lower ranks will only go so far.. If they really want they can just create a new account, but that does not mean you don't attempt to prevent people who are established Diamond and Predators from joining bronze and silver.

Where I do agree with this post is the ranking point system needs improvement. I'm not a very good player, my K/D is below .30 so I'm horrible. That said I have played multiple rounds in Platinum and Diamond and made it to the top 5, it's really not hard just avoid conflict and run from trouble. In my mind, someone with stats as bad as mine should get slaughtered in Diamond.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 32 of 32 (152 Views)