Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Start 10hour ASAP or wait?

by Ninox7954

Original Post

Highlighted

Start 10hour ASAP or wait?

★ Guide

I've been debating all week whether or not I want to play my 10 hours tomorrow after I get home or wait till next Thursday and play it that night and just roll over into the full launch(which is also something I'm wondering about, I assume the servers are going to restart at some point that night before full launch, does anyone know when?) that way I don't forget any story I may figure out in my first 10 hour or something. Other people's thoughts? When are you guys using your 10 hours?

Message 1 of 11 (255 Views)
Highlighted

★ Pro

Might as well wait to see how stable the servers are. 

Message 2 of 11 (235 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

If there's going to be any problems, it will most likely be on the 22nd when the full launch happens and the masses start logging in.

There was a big difference in the last demo when the weekend was in full swing. It was fine when the demo started but once people started finishing work/school/college and the servers filled up, instances started kicking people and stuff.

I would suggest making sure it's stable first and, if it is, getting your playtime in before the 22nd. That's if you're worried about wasting playtime. If you want to see for yourself how stable it is on the 22nd then do what you suggested you might.

Message 3 of 11 (227 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
I'm definitely worried about wasting game time and hadn't even thought about server issues on Friday, or next Friday for that matter. I won't even be able to start the early access until about 4-6 on Friday at the earliest so I'm hoping by then they will have most of the kinks out. Though now I think I may wait till Saturday.
Message 4 of 11 (216 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I'm sure you'll be able to check these forums or the subreddit to see if there are any problems tomorrow. If there are any then I'm sure there's going to be a vocal reaction lol.

Message 5 of 11 (211 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Oh yeah, I've had the forum page up on my computer since the VIP demo lol 

Do you know if/when the servers will shut down next Thursday for launch? Or will it just roll over and open suddenly for everyone else? I'm assuming not lol

Message 6 of 11 (200 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I haven't read anything suggesting a server reset. No idea if there will or won't tbh.

Message 7 of 11 (193 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
Seeing as you only have 10 hrs and will use those up before the 22nd regardless, you might as well wait. It's not like you can race to get ahead of anyone else playing this weekend. Just make sure the servers are stable and you have no distractions and then hop on.
Message 8 of 11 (169 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

I would go to Twitch and check out a streamer just long enough to find out if they are having issues or not first.

Message 9 of 11 (166 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide
Wait till the 22nd
Message 10 of 11 (154 Views)
Twitter Stream