Re: Star Wars usual crash

by No_Room_Here

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Star Wars usual crash

★★★★ Novice

Game Star Wars Battlefront II keeps crashing. Mid of battles it just always crashes, totally switches off and so on! Doesnt show anything - game just stops and closes. And thats it. 

Message 1 of 23 (754 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @No_Room_Here I'm seeing a number of errors in your file so the best thing to do is go ahead and run System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

If the issue continues can you create a new Windows admin account and try the game there to see if you see the same issue.

Let us know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 10 of 23 (705 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @No_Room_Here on what platform are you seeing this issue and when the issue occurs do you see an error message of any kind?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 23 (735 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Darko 

Windows 10 I am using. 

Game freezes randomly while in a match. Also when is shown launch screen before battle starts ( after unit selection ) than game also kinda lags a bit. It has a hard time on starting battle already. Sometimes game works really smooth after start up ( main menu ) but after some seconds frame rates drops and no longer cant see how 144hz works. 

Even after reducing graphics, game crashes.

No errors are being shown. Game just stops and closes after a while. 

Message 3 of 23 (723 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @No_Room_Here let's grab a DxDiag so that I can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 23 (720 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Darko 

Here is this dxdiag thing. I suppose you need .txt file

Message 5 of 23 (718 Views)

Community Manager

The first thing to do @No_Room_Here is to ensure that you are running the game on your Nvidia card and not your integrated one.

To change from your integrated card to your Nvidia card:

• Open "Nvidia Control Panel".
  • Select "Manage 3D Settings" under 3D Settings.
  • Click on "Program Settings" tab and then select the program you want to run.
  • Select "Preferred graphics processor" in drop-down menu and then select use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance Nvidia processor.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 23 (714 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I ran it with NVidias GPU. I set up everything in game at ultra settings and after those crashes I lowered to one step lower graphics settings. And still is just simply crashed. 

Message 7 of 23 (711 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Darko 

And in my 3D settings my prefered gpu is set to nvidias GPU.

Message 8 of 23 (709 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Darko 

And with CPUs integrated GPU that game cant run at ultra settings at all. It barely could hold low settings. 

Message 9 of 23 (706 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @No_Room_Here I'm seeing a number of errors in your file so the best thing to do is go ahead and run System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

If the issue continues can you create a new Windows admin account and try the game there to see if you see the same issue.

Let us know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 23 (706 Views)