Star Wars Squadrons preload date keeps changing

by Malcontent341

Original Post

Re: Pre-load today!

★★★★ Novice

@General_Zelus 

As mentioned, it's nothing to worry about. The pre-load will be available soon, and in the meantime we're still making sure your ships are ready to fly full speed on launch day :-) 

--Tom

Preload date got moved from the 21st to the 25th now the 30th.JPGIt was supposed to LAUNCH OCTOBER 1st see attachment.   Tom says the 2nd now?  This is the kind of thing why people do not like EA. I am sad EA has the StarWars IP locked up for what another 7 years?  

I suppose it will launch on Steam before Origin. Crud like this is the reason I canceled Orgin/EAPlay Moving to 

P.S> Madden 2021 was a disaster.
Message 51 of 85 (870 Views)

Re: Star Wars Squadrons preload date keeps changing

★★ Novice

It was moved AGAIN. Now it is Preload on October 1st for the release date of October 2nd. -_-

Message 52 of 85 (1,414 Views)

Re: I purchased Star Wars Squadrons and now the Pre-load date got moved AGAIN, W

Champion (Retired)
@General_Zelus The release date depends where you are in the world, for the UK it releases 11pm October 1st. US for some reason says October 2nd.
Message 53 of 85 (1,076 Views)

Re: I purchased Star Wars Squadrons and now the Pre-load date got moved AGAIN, W

★★★★ Novice

Thanks but I am in the US Wisconsin the attachment is a pic from me logged in to Origin. It says OCT 1st right now see attachment.

Not a big deal but just sick of EA BS.

See ya in the game. 

Preload date got moved from the 21st to the 25th now the 30th.JPG

Message 54 of 85 (1,068 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Thank you kindly, three simple but important enterprise wide customer support questions please:

1) Why specifically has the pre-load been delayed multiple times?

2) Can you please confirm that VR support for HTC Vive Pro (and other common VR platforms) will be available on Origin on launch day?

3) How can I stop the unprompted and repeated Origin pop-up error message that I'm getting multiple times a day on my desktop now saying "Pre-Load Failure"; it seems the Origin game manager/downloader is not in sync with the four unannounced/unaddressed  pre-load delays that the game has experienced over the past several days and is passing on unneeded error messages to Origin users.

Thank you in advance for your help, it seems like these questions are affecting multiple EA customers so I appreciate your help in addressing them, and they should go a long way in helping to mitigate the growing confusion about the game status.

Message 55 of 85 (1,057 Views)

★★★ Newbie

mine has changed as well and now says October 1st

never change EA

Message 56 of 85 (840 Views)

★ Guide
@CarbonCarl I was able to preload on Xbox Today. But No dice on PC.
Message 57 of 85 (822 Views)

★★ Novice
@ The releasedate always was october 2nd. It still is. So why bother getting angry...?
Message 58 of 85 (1,156 Views)

To be practical, the game's 40 GB in size, so a pre-load even the day before should be plenty of time to download it for all but the slowest of connections (I'm expecting less than an hour).

Seems to me there is nothing to worry about here.

The game 'went gold' two weeks ago. Standard smile

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 59 of 85 (1,215 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Why is this upsetting people? You can't play it any sooner right? Just chill. lol

Message 60 of 85 (1,137 Views)