Star Wars™: Squadrons - Update 3.0 Release Notes

by EA_David

Original Post

Re: Star Wars™: Squadrons - Update 3.0 Release Notes

★★ Guide
@Shiranpuri_lol Keyboard + Mouse needs a nerf anyway; that instant stop keybind is bullcrap on an epic scale. No other input device has that. It's an unfair advantage.
Message 21 of 34 (919 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Best update so far in vr! Thanks

Finally the stars are fixed and it is possible to adjust the scaling for bigh resolution headset like mine.

A whole new experience (even if it should have been like this from the beginning) vr is still new to developpers I guess.  And the work done is appreciated.

Anyway I am happy to redo the story mode that I finished once already, I was just waiting for the that to be fixed to play it again.

Message 22 of 34 (910 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_David did a quick test. VR is finally playable. Took you a while,but well done!
Message 23 of 34 (876 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Petersaber  what are the changes you made to the VR settings?  I’m using a Quest2...Oculus Link has res settings and so does SWS, so not sure what effects what and to what extent yet.

cheers!

Message 24 of 34 (814 Views)

Champion

Oh, Bonus XP Day!? Special Event!! Party hat

What is this???

Anyway I must like it.

Message 25 of 34 (809 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much for the update. The skybox has improved a lot. We still need the game to support canted hmd displays so we don't have to use PARALLEL PROJECTIONS. Then we could gain much more performance. Many thanks for this great game.

Message 26 of 34 (807 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_David I just wanted to thank you and the team for this awesome game. Even if it lacks of many content/mechanics or whatever, its the game i was waiting for.
Message 27 of 34 (765 Views)

★★★ Novice

Please stop nerfing maneuverability on non-flight components. It's annoying, serves no purpose other than discouraging use of Bombers and creates radical shifts in performance from one moment to the next.

It makes a lot more sense for them to sap overall system power, resulting in a reduction of speed, not maneuverability. Changing the entire flight characteristic of the bomber as a penalty for having an exceptional weapon seems uneccessarily mean.

The whole purpose of the bomber is DPS. If you mount the assault shield, rotary and Quarrie you run the very real risk of never turning again because they penalty stack and the Quarrie has a fixed interval of fire. Which reminds me: Why does Quarrie Cannon have a fixed duration? There is no canon evidence for this in small-craft, only for Capital scale versions.

So in short: Nerf engine speed instead of maneuver. It makes more sense than losing turning and is far less discouraging.

Don't stack weapon nerfing if it effects flight characteristics. Nobody will voluntarily fly a ship that goes stupid the moment you use it's main functions.

Or make them power hungry, where they do no exceptional damage unless Full Weapons Power applied.

Additional notes:

Several nerfs applied were more than really needed. No need to swing the hammer so hard.

The Penetrating Torpedo is too slow. Really all the missiles are too slow but that one is just insane. I should never, in a bomber, be faster than one of my own missiles while running full shields power.

Message 28 of 34 (664 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also:

The weapons that make sense for maneuver penalty are the bomb systems. I would take a maneuver penalty for dropping all bombs in one pull. It makes sense and has historical precedent.

Mines need to either last longer or count as Countermeasures. No point in mines that despawn that fast.

It's a little bizarre that missiles have no more reach than energy weapons. It would be more satisfying for missiles to go a bit faster and about twice as far. Capital turrets engage at 2500. It would be fair for dogfighting missiles to reach to 1500 and AntiCap missiles to reach to 2000. Improving speed and reach of missiles would also draw use scenarios away from dependancy on Main cannons, and therefore Rotary/Blast, which would reduce up-close parasitic attacks on Capital ships. 

Patrol patterns of AI fighters fail to clear static cover areas, which reduces some maps to sniping and dogfight, which suppresses Bombing and Support. Paired formations further apart rather than fixed box formations are more adaptable.

Message 29 of 34 (664 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Elphaba Implementation of extensions is on the app side rather than the kext side on the console so developers usually choose the narrowest driver package to save space.
Message 30 of 34 (663 Views)