Re: Star Wars™: Squadrons - Update 2.1 Release Notes

by talorien

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice
@Straatford87 There're lots of requests from PC players (here, reddit, steam...) regarding the implementation of TrackIR, something basic on almost every flight game. Also very helpful for those who cannot afford VR sets, or cannot "disconnect" from the real world.
Can you confirm at least that Motive/EA is aware of those requests?
Message 11 of 21 (961 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks Tom for the update! Appreciated. 

Do please fix regional matchmaking for Rest of World. Even just acknowledging that EA is aware and working on it would help. 

Queued today for 30 min from Asia with no match during US prime time. Dogfight and Ranked. Game is practically unplayable.

Hope EA will fix this soon, thanks! 

Message 12 of 21 (932 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you for further updates and improvements!

S!

Message 13 of 21 (914 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@talorien This.

I want to go back to FleetBattles with AI and teammates.

Last successful match of FB w/ AI took 9 mins to find. Singapore region.
Message 14 of 21 (904 Views)

★★ Novice

Sigh, !!!WARNING!!!
Leaver penalty can be gained upon match completion now!

I just got the leaver penalty by winning a game, which i obviously didn't leave since i won :/

I've only ever left a game early once and it was back when it was the whole it's safe to leave thing, a mate got dropped so being that it's about flying with your squadron I left and had leaver penalty for 2 weeks. Now you can seemingly get leaver penalty without leaving a game, I was playing as Imperial in Ranked when this happened.

Message 15 of 21 (883 Views)

★★ Novice

Massive thanks for this quick fix!

Message 16 of 21 (863 Views)

Champion

@Straatford87 

Good to hear that! Party hat

I am still enjoying playing this game.

Looking forward to see what is the next.

Message 17 of 21 (857 Views)

★★ Guide
@Straatford87 TrackIR?
Message 18 of 21 (854 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey @Straatford87, I have the dead stick problem and don't understand how to get the update on PS4. When I use "check for updates" from the PS menu (from the game's icon), it doesn't do a thing, so I still have ver. 1.06. It's not automatically/background updating. Launching the game doesn't seem to automatically download anything, either. Help, I need 2.1! Glad you guys are working on it.

EDIT: OK, so I can see that the update history says Wednesday 11/11. I likely have the update. Checked the PS4 settings to make sure auto-updates were on, as well (which, yeah: I downloaded the patch with the bug automatically in the first place). 

Is the issue just that there is no 2.0 yet for PS4, and the bug fix was just applied to ver 1.06 instead? The dang PS4 update history still shows the old version number, even though there's supposedly a new file. Perhaps my issue is not understanding "hotfix" vs. a numbered update/change in version history. I'll play later and figure out if it works; posting between working at the moment.  

Message 19 of 21 (788 Views)

★★ Novice

So when we getting a tie phantom for the Imp side?

Tie defenders were a great choice since they actually fit the "super shielded fighter" theme that the basic tie fighter (A MASS PRODUCED CHEAP * MADE TO BE TAKEN OUT IN ONE SHOT, NO SHIELDS, MADE FOR SWARMING TACTICS) was not a fit for at all. They pulled this  * when they announced B1 battledroids as something more than mass produced canon fodder with EAfront 2 as well and pissed me off so much I was turned off from this game at first. 

How do we access VR from origin? Im seriously thinking of getting this game if they add a AI survival mode or mission editor.

Don't care to play competitive, i play games for fun, not for a living.

Message 20 of 21 (619 Views)