Star Wars™: Squadrons - Update 2.0 Release Notes

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Star Wars™: Squadrons - Update 2.0 Release Notes

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm still waiting for the fix on the distant stars (being blurry in VR) too. Damn shame it's not in this update as it's been acknowledged by the devs.

Message 11 of 40 (970 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Straatford87

Is the matchmaking issue, where some players can’t match make into an online game at all and times out with error code 1,066, or may take a longer time to match make into one, fixed?
Message 12 of 40 (953 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This is a damn good patch, however I'm disappointed the VR stars still aren't fixed - I find myself unable to play the campaign because of those stars...

Message 13 of 40 (913 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The update's changes to multiplayer / ranked fleet battles have made it impossible for me to play ranked fleet battles.

Continually and over a period of several hours, I was unable to join a ranked fleet battle match. The fleet battle lobby never reached 10/10 players and after the excessively long 4 minute lobby wait, Squadrons would disconnect the server. From my end, these matches are clearly not getting overfilled as the update intended and are in fact not getting enough players to start a match, thus causing an inability to play.

This is clearly a problem that EA/Squadrons needs to rectify. I have also posted this issue in the Squadrons tech support and bug report forums. 

Message 14 of 40 (907 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@f00tmaster Same here, I stopped playing the campaign waiting for a fix. Game looks awful.
Message 15 of 40 (892 Views)

★ Guide

And we still have to bind one joystick button to "menu'. Fantastic ! 1 button less to use on a x-button joystick config...

Message 16 of 40 (874 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Some very welcome and essential fixes are in there - thank you.

Can we expect to see a roadmap for future enhancements to the multiplayer aspect of the game?  Should we expect larger PvP sessions, such as 11v11, 30v30, and so on?  Do you intend to add more ship models and loadout options? 

Message 17 of 40 (861 Views)

★★ Pro
@4electricnomad It has been confirmed (I think) no new classes will be added, though ships may be a different matter. I don't think there are any plans for large content drops such as maps or gamemodes, the devs haven't told us anything.
Message 18 of 40 (859 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Straatford87 this is awesome! Thanks so much and I hugely appreciate your smaller team putting in tons of work. Am hoping for some kind of auto-centering for KB&M players next, at least for my low-sense self it is really hard to aim at anything, even still objects.
Message 19 of 40 (827 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

No native DualShock 4 support for Origin players. No DualShock support for origin players if we add nonSteam game to steam . Please add iDualshock support for this great origin game.

Message 20 of 40 (815 Views)