Re: Star Wars™: Squadrons - Update 1.2 Release Notes

by SithMetal71

Original Post

Star Wars™: Squadrons - Update 1.2 Release Notes

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Update 1.2 Release Notes - October 15, 2020

Hey pilots,

First off, thank you so much to all the pilots who have been playing Fleet Battles, providing us with feedback, and enjoying the game while we work through a few issues. It’s been great to see!

Right now, we’re tracking three main issues with our Fleet Battles mode and we’re working on each diligently. Thankfully, if you’re newer to the game, you should be less likely to run into the first issue due to a recent update.

With that said, we understand the frustration this has caused for those who have been impacted, so here is what we’re working on:

• Some players stuck at 0 skill rank or aren’t able to rank up as intended
    • We’re working on a fix for players stuck at 0 skill rank and are exploring how best to reset ranks
  • A small number of players unlocked the ranked helmet rewards due to a bug
    • As the players who’ve experienced have guessed, we’ll likely remove these from inventories so they can be properly earned by all you aces out there, so we really appreciate their understanding here!
  • Players abandoning matches is negatively impacting the experience
    • We’re working on a new design for the overall matchmaking experience to make it better for all players. We’re working on improvements to matchmaking, lobby, and abandonment systems to make abandonment far less punishing for those who stay in the game, and less frequent overall. We are also making specific improvements for ranked play.

Thanks for your continued feedback on the game! We’ll share final details in our release notes for each update. Onto the notes for Update 1.2!

This hotfix provides a number of bug fixes and stability improvements across the board.

General

• Made improvements to the overall Fleet Battles tutorial experience
  • Fixed an issue where the player could experience a black screen during or after customizing their pilots
  • Fixed an issue where pilot models were blurry when being customized for some players
  • Fixed a typo on the profile page
  • Other stability improvements and minor fixes, including reduced crashing on PC

Story

• Fixed an issue where dying during the Rebel prologue mission while fighting the Star Destroyer could block progress
  • Fixed an issue where medals could be reset after uninstalling or updating the game
  • Fixed an issue where players could not progress through Mission 3 if they defeated the Quasars too quickly
  • Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck when launching missions from the options menu
  • Fixed an issue where the UI after completing the prologue through EA Play would not display correctly
  • Fixed an issue where medal earned in the single-player story could be reset after playing other activities (previously fixed on PC)

Challenges

• Updated Challenge text to make it clearer that they cannot be completed in Solo vs AI

Social

• Fixed an issue where players didn't populate the EA Friends List
  • Improved party stability

Dogfight

• Fixed an issue where the game crashed while transitioning into a match
  • "Quick Match" is now set to random faction for Dogfight

Fleet Battles

• Fixed an issue where the game would crash when loading into Fleet Battles
  • Fixed an issue where players could not use the "Customize Ship" option in the hangar during the Fleet Battles briefing room state

VR

• Fixed the issue where cutscenes would appear broken on the Valve Index when using Origin
  • Improved performance while using Steam VR
  • Fixed an issue where the D-pad wouldn't work in the settings menu while using Steam VR
  • Made the fade to black transitions a smoother experience for Oculus Rift users
  • Fixed an flickering helmet issue on Victory poses for Oculus Quest users

You can find a list of known issues > here <.

Message 1 of 59 (6,977 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Still no fix to the Hori flightstick so time to get my money back.

Message 2 of 59 (6,927 Views)

★★★★ Guide

what about Hotas fix on Xbox, still requires controller to be active in order for Hotas to function.

Message 3 of 59 (6,925 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Great jib in fixing these issues. You guys are really pushing this to make it the best game ever. I know alot of people appreciate what you guys are doing.

Hope you stabalize the game soon so you can start working on value creating work called: new content!

Message 4 of 59 (6,842 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
  • Improved performance while using Steam VR

@Straatford87  Would love some clarity on this one. I know a lot of us are waiting on the refresh fix and blurry stars before we start playing. Do we have an ETA at all on those issues?

Big thanks to the dev team working on this game. I just really want to experience it in its best form!

Message 5 of 59 (6,829 Views)

★★ Apprentice

still no comment on the mouse keyborad steering front ....

nor even a small info if trhey intend to change it, or even work on this .......

so i guess mouse users are not welcome here

Message 6 of 59 (6,828 Views)

Champion

@Straatford87 

New patch! I love it. Embarrassed

I definitely respect all Dev's hard work, it is not an easy task.

Message 7 of 59 (6,817 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Are you still looking into the mission 9 loading issue? It's not mentioned at all so it seems like its at least a low priority. 

At least that's the impression that your giving. 

Its pretty frustrating as its stopping me completing the story.

There's alot of very frustrated people experiencing this issue. I'm still giving you the benifit of doubt, but some sort of update would be nice and would perhaps avoid some of the anger that people are showing in the bug report. 

Message 8 of 59 (6,782 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, first of all thanks for working hard on patching the game. Two hotfixes in 2 weeks is prove of the effort you're putting into this.

I'm not sure you have read other posts on the subject so I'll repeat it here: regarding leavers and ranked games, I hope the solution you're implementing is this: if a team is outnumbered and loses, do not punish the players. But if they win, please do! It doesn't make sense to just not score MMR a priori. If 4 players (or even 3) manage to win against 5 they should rightly be rewarded, maybe even with an extra (this could depend on how long they've been outnumbered though).

Message 9 of 59 (6,704 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Fieno 

A fix for this issue didn't make it into Patch 1.2. However, we're still investigating and both issues you mentioned are listed on our Known Issues list.

@JennyOlsen 

I've added a comment related to M&K, > here <. We'd love to hear your thoughts on how we can improve that experience for you.

@Sati_Sati 

Thanks! I've shared your comment with the team and they definitely appreciate it! 

@Colonicus 

Hi! Thanks for reaching out. Yes, we are definitely still looking into that one. It's listed on our Known Issues list, along with other bugs that have been mentioned here. Definitely check that out for a complete overview (it's listed under the "Top Forum Reports - Under Investigation" header, at the top of the post).

@EtchTwo 

Thanks for your time to leave a comment! We're committed to giving you a great experience, and we're actively looking through comments on forums and other channels to help pinpoint bug fixes and other improvement areas.

Message 10 of 59 (6,657 Views)