Re: Star Wars Squadrons Info etc

by The_Hopfot

Original Post

Re: Star Wars Squadrons News, Content & Gameplay

★★★★ Guide
@quenaelin 2-10 in mp, 5v5 in Coop.
I posted the exclusive pre order skins etc on the first page.
Message 31 of 112 (1,141 Views)

★★ Guide

OK many infos here, but 5vs5 only ? Or 5vs5+AI Bots ?

May The Force Be With You, Always... 

Message 32 of 112 (1,133 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

@Kevlegs wrote:

So, apparently there is no 3rd person view in this game. Get used to this kinda view.
"Outside of the spectator mode, players have no way of playing in third-person/chase cam"

DC7MaAX.jpg

I am more than happy with this. In the XvT Series you could do third person, but you had no HUD if you did. And besides, for immersion I prefer to fly in 1st Person Cockpit view on all flight sims (VR or not, and I don't have VR on my PC).

I even play BFII 2017 Starfighter mode and the campaign all first person where possible. (Some cut scenes would force third for a moment, which annoyed me).

This is being a starfighter pilot for the true fighter pilot gamers. This game will entirely be focused on the players skill to track and kill their targets.

Message 33 of 112 (1,093 Views)

★★ Pro

https://t.co/HppPHdBPte?amp=1

This article talks about Customisation of the Starfighters.

Message 34 of 112 (1,059 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@ChadSquadron88 Seems like AI will be in there too.

Star Wars: Squadrons’ Fleet Battles will take place between two five-player teams, but they’ll use AI pilots to make the battles feel much more epic. Developer EA Motive revealed that Star Wars: Squadrons will feature a dogfighting mode and a singleplayer campaign at its recent gameplay reveal during EA Play Live.

Gameplay footage of Fleet Battles showed off an evolving multiplayer mode that pits teams in a conflict that plays out over three stages. Starting with a 5v5 dogfight, the battle will progress to each team either attacking or defending a capital ship before moving to the final stage where they’ll have to take out the other side’s flagship. In Fleet Battles and the other game modes, all of the action in Star Wars: Squadrons takes place from a first-person perspective, which Motive says will keep any players from getting a strategic advantage by changing their field of view.

A 5v5 multiplayer match may not sound large enough to convey the scale of such a massive conflict, but Motive has a solution for that. Responding to a Twitter comment, EA community manager Jay Ingram explained that AI pilots will fight alongside human players in Fleet Battles. That should help players feel more like they’re in a large-scale space battle like the ones seen in the Star Wars films, rather than a simple multiplayer match. It’s not clear yet how much of a role these AI ships will play in the fight or whether they’ll be full-fledged characters in their own right, but it seems that some original trilogy characters will make appearances in Star Wars: Squadrons, with Wedge Antilles already revealed in the gameplay trailer.
Message 35 of 112 (1,021 Views)

★★ Guide

@Kevlegs wrote:
@ChadSquadron88Seems like AI will be in there too.

Star Wars: Squadrons’ Fleet Battles will take place between two five-player teams, but they’ll use AI pilots to make the battles feel much more epic. Developer EA Motive revealed that Star Wars: Squadrons will feature a dogfighting mode and a singleplayer campaign at its recent gameplay reveal during EA Play Live.

Gameplay footage of Fleet Battles showed off an evolving multiplayer mode that pits teams in a conflict that plays out over three stages. Starting with a 5v5 dogfight, the battle will progress to each team either attacking or defending a capital ship before moving to the final stage where they’ll have to take out the other side’s flagship. In Fleet Battles and the other game modes, all of the action in Star Wars: Squadrons takes place from a first-person perspective, which Motive says will keep any players from getting a strategic advantage by changing their field of view.

A 5v5 multiplayer match may not sound large enough to convey the scale of such a massive conflict, but Motive has a solution for that. Responding to a Twitter comment, EA community manager Jay Ingram explained that AI pilots will fight alongside human players in Fleet Battles. That should help players feel more like they’re in a large-scale space battle like the ones seen in the Star Wars films, rather than a simple multiplayer match. It’s not clear yet how much of a role these AI ships will play in the fight or whether they’ll be full-fledged characters in their own right, but it seems that some original trilogy characters will make appearances in Star Wars: Squadrons, with Wedge Antilles already revealed in the gameplay trailer.

Hey, Thanks for your answer.

I saw EA play livestream (gameplay reveals, analysis etc), i try to be aware about all infos concerning this potential dreamed game ! 

However i didn't find the confirmation off more AI bots starfighters fighting with/against us in Fleet Battles. (except to compensate the missing players in the 5vs5 squadrons)

I'm really happy you can play Fleet Battles solo, with 4 AI in your team against a 5 AI team... But really ! 

I mean, nowhere i could find if there will be more than 10 starfighters fighting around cruisers at same time... You tell me on Twitter ?! 

I really hope you're Right ! Hope for absolute epicness !

#vote for DLC/live service ! Battlestation multi stage game mode ! 

#Death Star Assault with final trench/inside run !

#Battle of Yavin 4 + Battle of Endor

#Red 5+Millenium Falcon/Tie Advanced (Vader's) 

#Looks Best game ever ! 

I'm still not able to preorder on PSN... What are they waiting for ?   Wink

Message 36 of 112 (998 Views)

★★ Guide

https://twitter.com/JayKingIngram/status/1273797909591416832?s=20

Officially confirmed here ! AI bots alongside the 5vs5 squads ! Thanks ! 

Message 37 of 112 (988 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I'm really looking forward to this game, the reveal at EA Play looked awesome Standard smile

Also, I'm glad they're doing Cross-Play as well, so we can play with our friends on other Platforms.

Hopefully this will be the norm going forward with other Titles as well, given that it works.

- iluminate

★★★★ Guide

@iluminatethesky wrote:

I'm really looking forward to this game, the reveal at EA Play looked awesome Standard smile

Also, I'm glad they're doing Cross-Play as well, so we can play with our friends on other Platforms.

Hopefully this will be the norm going forward with other Titles as well, given that it works.

- iluminate

Me too. I wonder how we will know, if at all, what platform our team mates and enemies are? Maybe they will color coordinate the player's platforms? Green for PC, Blue for PS4 and Red for Xbox... Something like that..

Message 39 of 112 (928 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Here is a link to the various map locations.

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/squadrons/overview/maps

Message 40 of 112 (927 Views)