Re: Star Wars Squadrons Info etc

by Reposter

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

So, apparently there is no 3rd person view in this game. Get used to this kinda view.
"Outside of the spectator mode, players have no way of playing in third-person/chase cam"

DC7MaAX.jpg

Message 21 of 112 (1,178 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Close up of the components.
components.JPG

Message 22 of 112 (1,161 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Message 23 of 112 (1,144 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Reposter Really now? I can't possibly tell you how many times that I've joined a game that immediately ended.
Message 24 of 112 (1,126 Views)

★★ Pro
@Kevlegs Thanks for all the information l!
Message 25 of 112 (1,094 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Ship Component Slots

• Primary Weapons
  • Auxiliary (x2)
  • Countermeasures
  • Hull
  • Shields
  • Engines

Each component offers unique effects to your ships, though most have a trade-off. For example, one type of shielding system will provide more protection against blaster fire but less against missiles (or vice versa). There are many more examples beyond that, too. To add to this, you can make your squadron look how you want, as well. Your two pilots (Imperial and Republic) and eight starfighters (four per side) will all have various cosmetic options that you can earn and unlock while playing. There are plenty of different ways to stand out!

Message 26 of 112 (1,063 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Ships Available

• T-65B X-wing starfighter
  • BTL-A4 Y-wing assault starfighter/bomber
  • RZ-1 A-wing interceptor
  • UT-60D U-wing starfighter/support craft
  • TIE/ln starfighter (“TIE fighter”)
  • TIE/sa bomber (“TIE bomber”)
  • TIE/IN interceptor (“TIE interceptor”)
  • TIE/rp reaper attack lander (“TIE reaper”)

While customizing your ships in the hangar bay is important, how you use them in combat matters just as much! During combat, managing the performance outputs of your ship is crucial. At any given moment, you’ll be able to decide how you want your ship’s power to be channelled between your engine power (speed), laser power (offence), and shield strength (defence).

Message 27 of 112 (1,062 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Pro

@Kevlegs wrote:

Ship Component Slots

• Primary Weapons
  • Auxiliary (x2)
  • Countermeasures
  • Hull
  • Shields
  • Engines

Each component offers unique effects to your ships, though most have a trade-off. For example, one type of shielding system will provide more protection against blaster fire but less against missiles (or vice versa). There are many more examples beyond that, too. To add to this, you can make your squadron look how you want, as well. Your two pilots (Imperial and Republic) and eight starfighters (four per side) will all have various cosmetic options that you can earn and unlock while playing. There are plenty of different ways to stand out!

Sounds great, but just wondering where did you get the info from. I really like that all Star Fighters in the game can be modified and customised to your own style of Play. Could you do this in previous Star Wars flight sims or is this a new thing?

Message 28 of 112 (1,037 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Reposter It was from an official interview. I'm sure you could do similar stuff in the old PC Xwing games.
Message 29 of 112 (1,013 Views)

Re: Star Wars Squadrons News, Content & Gameplay

★★ Guide

I might consider preordering this game, are there going to be exclusive content for preordering this game? No bigger space multiplayer battles, only 5vs5 that is it?

Message 30 of 112 (1,004 Views)