Re: Star Wars Squadron Mission editor?

by JamieK81

Original Post

Star Wars Squadron Mission editor?

★★★ Newbie

Any hope for a level editor? Not much into Multiplayer but would love to think up my own missions.

Message 1 of 18 (4,975 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @jeremycbias I am not aware of any plans for a mission editor. 

The best thing to do is to keep an eye on official sources for further info in the run-up to the game's release: https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/squadrons?isLocalized=true

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 18 (4,900 Views)

★ Novice

I would buy the game if they just allowed an Editor so we can recreate missions from other games, new single-player storylines, etc. Since they don't I won't be buying this game.

Message 3 of 18 (4,706 Views)

Community Manager

I will pass your feedback on @aHollow_Fang.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 18 (4,673 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Please we need a Mission editor, this would help the comunity to build new missions, And the game would be perfect for me. I dont mind to pay for it. Thanks.

Message 5 of 18 (4,509 Views)

Hero

A mission editor would be awesome. I remember some of the old space sims like Freespace 2 having such great free content.

carbonic signature

Message 6 of 18 (4,486 Views)

★★★ Guide

I doubt they will, cause some of the best missions for say Tie Fighter or X-Wing Alliance were from fans of the game, the developers tend to not be good mission designers.

So far, the only space shooter that the developers did good missions were FreeSpace and its Sequel.....even Tie fighter didn't compare to it and that is saying ALOT.

Most Developers now-a-days do not release mission editors that allow mission creations by the fanbase because it would render any DLCs they design to be unsellable, since people will be doing better ones and offering them for free.

I mean i would want a Tie Fighter Story campaign import into this game, it would look awesome and be awesome to experience, the same thing for X-Wing and X-Wing alliance would be awesome to see and experience.

Message 7 of 18 (4,483 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It would be a great addition, and i hope we could have it, even if i doubt we have one.

Message 8 of 18 (4,452 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If they were smart they'd make extra ships, maps, assets, etc. as paid DLC and release the mission/campaign tools for free.  You'd have the community making missions that could sell DLC ships and maps.

-or-

If they don't plan on any future DLC, release an SDK and give it Steam workshop or similar, let modders help sell the base game by making it better.

Message 9 of 18 (4,391 Views)

★ Guide

Mod tools would be amazing. EA and Disney will never go for it though.

Not even allowed a map editor in battlefield anymore Frown

Message 10 of 18 (4,347 Views)