Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order | January 15th Patch Notes

by AnthemAJ

Original Post

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order | January 15th Patch Notes

Community Manager (retired)
BD_PreOrder_Viewcity_G_v03.png

Hello everyone,

We had an update go live today on all platforms for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Below you'll find the details of what's in the patch.

Fixes & Improvements
  • We’ve fixed an issue where Bounty Hunters would sometimes get stuck in Zeffo.
  • Not only was the Photomode camera able to explode rockets, it could interact with trigger volumes within the levels that could potentially break the game. We’ve fixed this to ensure that you can continue playing the game after using Photomode. Unfortunately, this also means that rockets will be unaffected by the camera moving forward.
  • There was a bug that was causing one of the elevators in the last level to have a tendency of disappearing. It should now be present at all times.
  • We’ve improved collision on Ilum.
  • Our language translations have been updated.
  • There was an issue where some text was overlapping in Photomode for specific screen ratios. That has been fixed.
  • The Albino Wyyyschokk tactical guide entry wasn’t appearing for all users, this should now be fixed.
  • We’ve fixed Gorgara having a tendency to disappear at specific times on Dathomir.
Content
  • Pre-order content has now been unlocked for all players. This content includes:
    • Orange Lightsaber Blade Color
    • Mygeeto Campaign Lightsaber Hilt
    • Umbaran Campaign Lightsaber Hilt
    • Bee-D-1 Skin
    • Gold Squadron Stinger Mantis Skin

Message 1 of 30 (4,274 Views)

Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order | January 15th Patch Notes

★★★★★ Newbie

awesome patch! I'm really glad to see the pre-order items now available. This game is legendary.

Message 2 of 30 (4,142 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@AnthemAJ do you have to level up to get these items?
Message 3 of 30 (4,113 Views)

★★★ Guide

Awesome, I know there will be many users that will enjoy the preorder bonuses. There have been several posts.

@jimmarshall wrote:
@AnthemAJdo you have to level up to get these items?

You have to find a workbench in order to use them, so you're stuck with the stock blue lightsaber at least through the first planet. The orange will show up next to the green and blue in the color options.

Message 4 of 30 (4,108 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you very much, any chance for a walking toggle/hold button for KB+MS players? xd

Message 5 of 30 (4,054 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi-

Thanks for posting about this new patch. While the contents of this patch seem fine and all, it does not address the stuttering issue that so many of us are grappling with on PCs that are more than equipped to run the game.  While the community is doing a bang up job offering strategies to fix the problem, none seem to be working--even dropping the game down to 30fps (which seems cruel on a i7-9700k 3.6Ghz processor running an RTX2070 equipped PC).  I would assume EA is working on some kind of patch but it would be nice to get some kind of official acknowledgement that this issue occurs. (If there is one, I have not seen it.)

Anyway, I was having a great time with this game and was really looking forward to unwinding for an incredibly long day, but unfortunately, I have spent the last hour troubleshooting, which I do enough in my normal life.

If there are any tools that we can leverage to provide EA the information needed to diagnose and address this pervasive issue, I am sure we are more than eager to help. In the meantime, I fear I cannot play the game anymore--it's far too frustrating--and I absolutely cannot recommend the PC version until this is addressed.

Thanks--

mike

Message 6 of 30 (4,034 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It's all cool, but will Steam achievements be added? Or is it worth forgetting?

Message 7 of 30 (4,001 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Thanks for the content I really enjoyed the same issues 5-second freezes on kashyyyk and bogano, dropped frames and rendering issues on all maps continue.

Message 8 of 30 (3,976 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Robert-L-Crum 

No, you are legendary! You are all legendary! 

@jimmarshall 

Yes, as mentioned by @Gargamel314,  you need to have some story progression before you will be able to use all of them.

@Long44Way 

No news on that - sorry.

@rikemomo @vinirchgasr2d2 

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing that. Would it perhaps be possible to capture a short video on the stuttering and freezing for us? It will help us investigate.

Message 9 of 30 (3,910 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@Straatford87 thank you so much for giving some real answers, instead of "contact customer service."
Message 10 of 30 (3,862 Views)