Re: Star Wars Battlefront 3: Celebration

by DCDT_GU

Original Post

★★ Pro
@Commander_Ney0 No lootboxes! The gameplay mechanics would work similarly to the current ones in Battlefront 2 (though with less bugs).
Battlefront 3: Celebration would be a free-to-play game with the only microtransactions being cosmetic-based. Price at launch would probably be in the $60-$70 range (similar to normal prices).
Message 21 of 50 (637 Views)

★★ Guide

They should have some heroes be Unlockable and some being a subtle from the start.I also think skins should be unlocked by using the character.Like how there’s the veteran and experienced achievements instead you would get a skin for each rather than credits.The rest of the skins could be for getting a certain  amount of kills with them in a single match or getting them to a certain level.

How does this sound?

Message 22 of 50 (628 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@XxDeepDiveJrxX

While I am open to the idea of unlockable heroes, I do not think it is necessarily a good idea. I recall one of the issues with the first couple new heroes BF2 released was that new players who joined after their release had to grind out the necessary credits to unlock them. Since heroes affect gameplay, I think all heroes should be automatically unlocked to all players.

As for some skins being unlocked via acheivements, I actually think this is a very good idea, since cosmetics do not affect gameplay. I especially think this could be applicable to some of the trooper and reinforcement skins. Hero skins, on the other hand, are the foundation for the extra revenue this game brings in via cosmetic-based microtransactions (with the exception of the Rare & Common Hero Skins). While I think the idea of locking skins to achievements could be widely used for the trooper & reinforcement classes, I believe it should be used sparingly with the heroes (maybe only one per hero at the most).

Message 23 of 50 (609 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@SithApprentice39 The heroes wouldn’t be unlockable through lootcrates or micro transactions.You would unlock them by doing stuff like beating the campaign or beating all the battle scenarios (Any tier)

Message 24 of 50 (579 Views)

★★ Pro
@XxDeepDiveJrxX
Isn’t purchasing a hero with credits earned only through in-game play the same thing as unlocking a hero via an in-game achievement?

New players who join the game late would already be behind in terms of upgrading their heroes & classes. I would not want them to have to worry about grinding to unlock certain heroes too (especially the ones that drove them to buy the game in the first place). While I understand where you are coming from and can appreciate that viewpoint, this is my personal opinion on the matter.
Message 25 of 50 (573 Views)

★★ Pro
@SithApprentice39 Also, in case any of you were wondering how the devs were going to deliver these content-filled monthy updates without overworking themselves, I think the best thing to do would be to already have most of the content done before the game even launches.

This would give the devs more time to not only playtest the new heroes and maps (to balance them & fix bugs) but to also work on future content updates. This would hopefully prevent infamous BF2 scenarios such as OP launch Anakin, killswitching Palpatine, invincibility glitches, etc.

Remember this game is built around celebrating Star Wars. Thus, these updates are “celebrations.” Calling the updates “celebrations,” gives the dev team the leeway to complete most of the content in the “celebrations” before the game even launches.
Message 26 of 50 (516 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Marvel Celebration:

New Hero (light side): Sana Starros

New Hero (Dark side): BT-1

New Hero (Gray side): Doctor Chelli Lona Aphra

New Map SA: Mako-Ta Space Docks

New Map GA: Jedha (Destroyed)

Message 27 of 50 (485 Views)

★★ Pro
@DCDT_GU I am a little confused. Are these references from the canon comics/books?
Message 28 of 50 (460 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, from the canon Marvel comics series.

Sana Starros is a smuggler and friend of Han. She ended up helping the Rebellion.

This ist BT-1: BT-1.png

Doctor Chelli Lona Aphra is a rogue archeologist, who has worked for Darth Vader, but also helped out the rebels on occasion. She is the anti-hero of her own comic series.

The Mako-Ta Space Docks are where the rebellion build their new fleet, that got attacked by the Empire. During the battle, the Rogue Squadron was first named, Han Solo piloted a X-Wing and

Spoiler
General Jan Dodonna, General Draven, and several other high ranking rebels got killed, resulting in a lot of promotions afterward.

On Jedha, that was now a dying basically uninhabitable planet, the empire returned to mine for more kyber crystals and the rebels sabotaged that mining operation.

Message 29 of 50 (421 Views)

★★ Pro
@DCDT_GU All of this sounds interesting, but I think a Battlefront 3 game should mainly focus on content from the Star Wars movies, since the majority of the fanbase has seen them.
Message 30 of 50 (388 Views)