Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005) Nintendo switch

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005) Nintendo switch

★★★★ Novice

I’ve been enjoying playing jedi Outcast on the switch which led to me wondering if the original 2 battlefronts could be ported to the Nintendo Switch because while the new one is great thanks to all the updates it can’t run on the switch however I’m sure it could handle the first 2 battlefronts and also they were just a blast to play could it happen?

Message 1 of 5 (2,072 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Astrosloth49 this is not something which we would have any knowledge of as the original Battlefront games were not developed or published by EA.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,978 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Would you be open to the possibility of adding Battlefront 2 to the Nintendo Switch if we had like a Kickstarter-type thing so EA and Nintendo could get an estimate of how many people would purchase this? Because I’m sure millions of people would definitely pay for this on the Nintendo Switch, seeing how money is no issue when it comes to video games. There were 53 million Nintendo Switch consoles sold globally between 2017-2020 and 33 million copies of Battlefront 2 sold, you really just stand to make a profit by releasing Battlefront 2 on Nintendo Switch just like every other platform. 

Message 3 of 5 (1,939 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA has every right to make the first two battlefront games for the switch, but do they want to?

The company that made them, Pandemic, was bought by EA in 2007.

EA, until last month, had the exclusive right to make Star Wars games from Disney, but they can still make them.

I'm not targeting you @EA_Darko , so don't take this the wrong way, I'm simply saying that EA could, but they don't want to take the effort to port an existing game when they can't even take the time to put new Star Wars games on Switch.

My PS2 recently broke, and Battlefront II was my favorite game.

If it were possible, I and millions of others would gladly buy this game.

Thank you and have a blessed day

Message 4 of 5 (1,565 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @joesmomma94, I'm locking this thread as it is quite old.

As EA did not develop or publish these games then it's not possible for EA to release or port them.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (1,549 Views)