Re: Stance on Macros - Is this macro allowed?

by Villent_58

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Stance on Macros - Is this macro allowed?

★ Novice

What Is the stance on them, are they allowed? against the rules?
Currently If you crouch and swap weapons you can swap weapons more quickly than if you didn't crouch before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MJ6aT80gao

It's super easy to do without a single fail, so It's not an inhumane macro.
I made a macro so It presses CTRL + 1 If i press my Mouse 5 and was wondering if this was allowed or not? It's mostly a convenience thing since any human can do this without a macro anyways

Message 1 of 23 (19,440 Views)

Accepted Solution

@shinyzE Most third party software can lead to account suspensions. What your suggesting is really no different than macros that automatically fire semi automatic guns for you. It’s literally the definition of cheating, you’re using a third party software to gain an advantage.

Here is a link to a simple explanation of the rules. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/apex-legends/apex-legends/play-by-the-rules-in-apex-legends/

Here is a link to the more detailed TOS. https://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/#section10

And here is the detailed explanation on third party software (including macros).

“EA utilizes certain technologies to detect and prevent cheating in connection with the use of EA PC Products. These are described below. You can visit https://www.ea.com/legal to know which technology is used with each EA PC Product.

Punkbuster. EA may use Punkbuster Anti-Cheat technology from Even Balance, Inc. You may opt to install Punkbuster during the installation of an EA PC Product. If it is installed, when you connect online to a game server using Punkbuster, Punkbuster will monitor your computer's random access memory (RAM) for Unauthorized Third Party Programs running concurrently with the EA PC Product and any modifications to the EA PC Product's files enabling or facilitating cheating. An Unauthorized Third Party Program is a third party program or file (such as a "addon", "mod", "hack", "trainer", or "cheat") that EA believes (i) enables or facilitates cheating of any type: (ii) allows users to modify or hack the game interface, environment, and/or experience in any way not expressly authorized by EA: or (iii) intercepts, "mines", or otherwise collects information from or through the game. If you uninstall the EA PC Product, Punkbuster will remain dormant on your computer. To uninstall Punkbuster, run the executable at https://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe.

EA may use its own or Third Party anti-cheat technologies.

EA Anti-Cheat Technologies. EA may use its own anti-cheat technologies. When you connect online to a game server, these technologies will activate and monitor your game play, the files on your computer associated with the EA PC Product or that otherwise access our servers, and your computer's memory, purely for the purposes of detecting and preventing cheating.

If any of these anti-cheat technologies detects cheating, we may collect relevant information necessary for our investigation and enforcement purposes, including your account name, details about an Unauthorized Third Party Program and the EA PC Product files modification detected, and the time and date it was detected. We also may terminate your License and your EA Account if we determine you have been cheating.

When you disconnect from the game server, these anti-cheat technologies will be deactivated.“

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 14 of 23 (17,669 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Using macros with Razer Mice and such shouldn't be illegal... I mean...

I never used macros, but I think it can be useful...

I play on PS4, but I wonder if someone could program macros to ask for ammos/medkits/energy more easily.

Message 2 of 23 (19,421 Views)

★ Novice

Yea It's super useful, I've been trying to reach EA/Respawn everywhere but I cant seem to get a response

Message 3 of 23 (19,411 Views)

★ Guide
If you get a reply, im intrested allso. I undestrand that ofc aimbots and stuff aren't allowed. But I allso do not consider let's say logitech gaming software (as in the mouses drivers) to be forbidden "third party" program. More of an property of your expensive gaming mouse.
Message 4 of 23 (19,251 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I'm pretty sure macros are not allowed. Specially not the macros some use to make hemlock and peacemaker rapid fire

Message 5 of 23 (19,203 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Macroing is always cheating in online games. Would you like it if I macro'd all my combos in Mortal Kombat X and pressed one button to juggle you for a 50 hit combo or something? Cause people already do that in online fighting games and the community is 100% in agreement that it is cheating.

Anytime you automate a process with outside help, you are cheating the other players in the game. Plain and simple. Macros in Apex can let you essentially go on auto pilot for inventory management and pings/callouts, that is BS and it is 100% cheating.

Message 6 of 23 (19,149 Views)

★★ Guide

Wut? How would you automate inventory management with a macro?

Message 7 of 23 (19,124 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@stevencloser wrote:

Wut? How would you automate inventory management with a macro?

You know you can make aimbots with macros as well, right? They're very simplistic but it used to be common. Macros can do a lot if you're smart. They're just as bad and gamebreaking as any script or hack. Cheating is cheating no matter what.

Message 8 of 23 (19,117 Views)

★★ Guide

Are we talking about the same kind of macro here? The macro I know is just a pre-recorded set of key presses that gets executed on a button press.

Message 9 of 23 (19,089 Views)

★ Guide

@stevencloser 
Are we talking about the same kind of macro here? The macro I know is just a pre-recorded set of key presses that gets executed on a button press.

That is exacly what aim macro or rapid fire macros are.
It's just a pre-recorded set of inputs that gets executed on a single button press. But it's still cheating as a code is executing mechanics for you, or in some cases it breaks the game mechanics - like Hemlock is either a single or burst fire weapon yet people have rapid fire macro where they full-auto with it due to macro repeating fire action for the duration of button press. Or Peacekeeper being used as a automatic-shotgun it's not supposed to be with animation-cancelling.

Normally you'd have to press LMB and re-align your aim again which makes it harder due to input lag and so forth - having it automated in a code of a macro negates it and gives you clear advantage over normal players in one button press.
And rapid-fire macro is not even intrusive... Auto-aim macro's, bhop macros, auto-dodge macros, etc.
Cheats are macro's itself, in form of external .bak file that have lots of more lines of code to bypass the anti-cheat systems in place.
But in reality they are the same thing.

Message 10 of 23 (19,071 Views)