Re: Squad size and friends in game.

by ABC-Warrior-real

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Squad size and friends in game.

★★★ Novice

All of my friend have been getting back on 2042 after the update and we have been having loads of fun. One problem we have is that there is 6-8 of us playing at once and we can't all be in one squad. Some suggestions:

Link squads where for example alpha and beta squad leaders can team up to receive pings and orders / colors and keep track of each other. Revives will remain to your first person squad but maybe a third color is added for your sister squad. 

Increasing squad sizes also may be helpful.

Another suggestions is having a friend in game color where any ea friends you have on your list show up differently whether in squad or not.  

Message 1 of 12 (5,392 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @pur0drl0k0,

I am very happy to hear that you & your friends are having a lot of fun playing the game! Likewise, I have to say. Standard smile

What you've described is indeed very good feedback and I can indeed imagine that in some situations, a squad/party of only a few people doesn't really work out if you've more people where you want to play with than there is space for in the party/squad.

I've been chatting a bit with a few people, who also happen to be massive Battlefield fans, and while it is no proper solution, maybe the following method can help you out a bit like some sort of a workaround:

(Please note: it also does seem to work in All out Warfare, but once the match is over, players will be moved to other servers, so it's most ideal for Portal games for example.)

To get everyone on the same server.
  1. Add Each other as friends on Origin or as EA Friends in-game.
  2. Start a party, by clicking the social tab in the right corner.
  3. Invite your 3 friends to the party.
  4. Join a server.
  5. Once everyone has joined a server everyone leaves the party, by going to the menu and social tab again and click leave party.
  6. Start a new party and start inviting your other friends, your other friend that joined with you can do the same by inviting friends.
  7. Keep doing this until everyone is on the same server.

Feel free to let me know if this has worked out for you or not. Standard smile

EA_LeeuwAHQ

View in thread

Message 5 of 12 (5,313 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

There should be no issue with them increasing the party size for the game. The matchmaking seems to be similar to Battlefront 2. However in battlefront 2 you were able to stack an entire lobby with friends if that's what you wanted to do, and the game would then break the party up into squads of 4. 

Message 2 of 12 (5,376 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Message 3 of 12 (5,355 Views)

★★ Guide

DICE have so many options to fix this;

• Increase the "party" to 8, so up to 8 players are kept together in games split into two squads
  • Increase the squad size to 6, why not? BF1 had five in a squad.
  • Change the matchmaking so games run like they do in previous BF games, where you can easily invite others to join the server you are on, and once there you stay together until you choose to leave.
  • Add squad management tools, as seen in BF5, where you can kick bloobs out and invite friends in, or make the squad friends only.

After all this time it is frankly bizarre that this hasn't been fixed one way or another.  Like others, this is a key reason why my friends and I don't get together to play 2042 very often because there are usually 6 of us, we can get together in Portal, but depending on the mode, that doesn't always give full XP rewards.

I wish they would rename "party" to squad too, that's what it was always called in the past.  It's like DICE are trying to pretend it's not a wargame!  PlayStation calls its chat group "parties" so it's just confusing.

Message 4 of 12 (5,326 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @pur0drl0k0,

I am very happy to hear that you & your friends are having a lot of fun playing the game! Likewise, I have to say. Standard smile

What you've described is indeed very good feedback and I can indeed imagine that in some situations, a squad/party of only a few people doesn't really work out if you've more people where you want to play with than there is space for in the party/squad.

I've been chatting a bit with a few people, who also happen to be massive Battlefield fans, and while it is no proper solution, maybe the following method can help you out a bit like some sort of a workaround:

(Please note: it also does seem to work in All out Warfare, but once the match is over, players will be moved to other servers, so it's most ideal for Portal games for example.)

To get everyone on the same server.
  1. Add Each other as friends on Origin or as EA Friends in-game.
  2. Start a party, by clicking the social tab in the right corner.
  3. Invite your 3 friends to the party.
  4. Join a server.
  5. Once everyone has joined a server everyone leaves the party, by going to the menu and social tab again and click leave party.
  6. Start a new party and start inviting your other friends, your other friend that joined with you can do the same by inviting friends.
  7. Keep doing this until everyone is on the same server.

Feel free to let me know if this has worked out for you or not. Standard smile

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 5 of 12 (5,314 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Leeuw Sorry, but this is a terrible solution to a problem that was introduced in bf2042.

!) it is a right faff doing this.
2) Secondly people are going to miss part of the game while they queue to get in
3) You would have to do this for every single map as without perpetual servers you are split on map rotation.

We can have 8 people playing and have come to the conclusion that DICE just do not want team play. They want the game to be as casual as possible and have turned their backs on the people that helped make their franchise popular in the first place.
Message 6 of 12 (5,296 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Ai-Fluffy,

As I mentioned in my post, which is only meant to help out OP and others when there's no official in-game support for this, this is meant as a possible workaround in these situations.

Thanks.
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 7 of 12 (5,289 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yes I realise this but its important to admit and for people to remember that this is something that was removed from BF.

It is also something that should have been added soon after release.

This is not the first time a player has brought this up.

Message 8 of 12 (5,276 Views)

★★ Guide

Thanks, I will try this tonight.

As you say, it's a workaround, but I hope DICE recognises the need to provide a real fix for this problem.

Making the party size bigger would instantly solve this issue.

Message 9 of 12 (5,262 Views)

★★★ Newbie

your work around works but not as well as we like, just like everyone says, you're waiting in "Q". since the upgrades and patches most of our teams/ players have returned to give this another shot. Having to try to join everyone in a room takes time and kills the mood for all of us. Please find a solution for this issue. we are loyal fans; everyone has thrown away Call of duty Standard smile that's how loyal we are. have an option where we can add several squad groups to enter a room together and rejoin the next room together. 4 per squad is fine, just keep sister squads together also. This game has so many options and modifications that, like others have said, " it bizarre" that this is still an issue.

thank you 

Message 10 of 12 (5,146 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help