Squad commands

by ShoeBoxJr

Original Post

Squad commands

★★★ Novice

I would love to see an update to squad requests that allows other people in the squad to request the squad leaders to use the squad points. Its frustrating when the squad leader does a great job of calling out what positions to head to through an entire match. Racks up a ton of squad points and then never uses them. I can recall recently being on a squad that ended up having over 50k squad points and the squad leader, who had done a decent job otherwise, never used them. Ive been guilty of getting so in to a match that I forgot to call in a rocket attack or what ever. If the others had an option to maybe request a Sir, requesting you call in Air support?! The same way squad members have the abilities to request orders. Maybe the squad leader is hyper focused and just need a friendly little nudge like, hey sir, we have enough points to call in a barrage and the match is almost over.... that would be especially handy when one of the ToW weekly challenges is using X amount of squad points and watching them go to waste. Just a thought

Message 1 of 6 (887 Views)

Re: Squad commands

★★ Apprentice

This would definitely be useful, I'm guilty about it too sometimes. However, I've had squad leaders who frequently forgot to use the points. Sometimes I go as far as sending a message through PSN (PS4 gamer here), but on PS4, the enterface for bringing up a message is slow as can be and it wastes too much time.

Message 2 of 6 (740 Views)

★★★ Novice

Im on XBox myself. DM is an option i suppose., just seems a bit of a chore like you said, to have to resort to that. Wonder if some people would get crabby getting a message to use the squad points. A little in game, hey boss, how bout some V-1 action, would be nice. haha. Guess it'll never happen now.. for BFV anyways

Message 3 of 6 (732 Views)

★★★ Expert

What I do not understand in the BFV world is the hate for audio. 

I recently had a squad leader flying. After requesting a V1 he gave me squad lead and stated do not F* this up. We destroyed a tank and some kills with V1 and captured objective. 

I said thank you and promoted back the squad leader.  It was an emotional moment of trust which I rarely see in BFV. (Never play in clans) 

The baseline of this anecdote is that when we would use audio more frequently there was no need for this button. 

Nevertheless. I pressed the Me too and think this would absolutely a good option. 

Meanwhile - Try requesting orders and when no response from Squad lead you will be promoted and can use the points. 

Message 4 of 6 (707 Views)

★★★ Novice

HAHA, thats AWESOME that worked out that way! My one and only highlight was being given squad lead and dropped a rocket on a point just moments before round ended and got 7 kills. And sure there's the option to chat, which I'm guilty of not doing much. I guess part of it for me is, I just don't enjoy the roll of squad leader. I appreciate those that take on that extra task in game play. I do my best to follow orders to help build up the squad points. I have become frustrated  once in a while enough to "request orders" so I can take over and use them. I guess its more aimed at the active squad leader that is really good about calling orders out consistently and never uses them. that would be awkward and annoying to hit them with the "request orders" i guess, when they've been pretty good and active otherwise. But thx guys for even acknowledging my dumb little idea. haha. Always had it in my brain and decided to just put it out there. A guy can dream. Standard smile

Message 5 of 6 (688 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@flyinghorse101 It's moments like this that ring back my faith in humanity.......while you end humanity.....is this irony? XD
Message 6 of 6 (613 Views)