Re: Sprinting is fine, nerfing it will cause more issues

by YayHorseys

Original Post

Sprinting is fine, nerfing it will cause more issues

★★ Apprentice

I feel compared to the vocal crowd demanding it nerfed, I really struggle to see how nerfing Sprinting won't negatively impact the game more than help it. People really don't seem to realize how obnoxious the PvE maps will be if getting shot cancels your sprint. How much "camping" will become more effective as they can "trap" the player if they hit them. Or how some classes like Imp, Acorn, Sunflower, Chomper, and Nightcap rely on sprinting even in the thick of things to stay alive. One shot abilities will also be stronger as inflicting damage before tossing your Chili Bean or Burrowing now puts your foe into the state of being unable to flee far enough with just walking alone.

Nerfing sprinting is going to cause more issues than what it'll solve. 

Message 1 of 42 (1,563 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Garden warfare 1&2 had no sprint....and it worked well both in pvp and pve. Sprints needs to be reworked

Message 2 of 42 (1,547 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

GW1 and GW2 had no Acorn, Space Cadet, Night Cap, 80's Hero, Electric Slide, and Snapdragon, and it worked fine. So "clearly" it needs reworking and nerfing. That your logic?

Message 3 of 42 (1,539 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This game is not those games though. This game was made with sprinting in mind and changing it will severely change balance. 

Message 4 of 42 (1,535 Views)

★ Guide

if they stop sprinting in pve zones, i'm done with the game.

Message 5 of 42 (1,526 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Sprinting in PvP could use a cool down.

Message 6 of 42 (1,511 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sprintong from enemies in PvE is fine. Highly mobile harrassment characters with 75 HP sprinting without a cooldown might be fine. Peashooter fleeing at 15 HP,  jumping onto a roof, regenerating, and sniping you with pea gatling is not okay. It isn't fun. It especially isn't fun because of how difficult rapid, pinpoint aiming is in this game. Giving sprint even a 3 second cooldown after receiving damage would be much more fair and enjoyable. I don't get angry when I lose a gunfight. I get angry when I don't win a gunfight because my opponent ran to the other side of the map instead of finishing it. It's frustrating every time.

Message 7 of 42 (1,469 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I'm neutral on this now. I've adapted to the sprinting in PvP (Love it in PvE), but it could use a slight nerf in PvP situations so it's harder to escape. I wouldn't quit over losing it (and it's such an important mechanic I doubt they would remove it) but I do largely agree with @YayHorseys  that I really like it in PvE zones.

Message 8 of 42 (1,444 Views)

★★★ Guide

I never knew about sprinting when we were play testing in Picnic. I always wondered how that cactus got away so far when I had her beat, disappeared and when I turned my back, I got sniped in 5 secs later. I think sprinting is cheap cause I never run away from a fight. It's either I kill or I die. That's it.

Message 9 of 42 (1,435 Views)

★ Guide

The other issue is getting across a map in PvP, since there aren't portals any more the sprint becomes a must to group back up with your team.

Message 10 of 42 (1,417 Views)