Sprinting Is OP

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

idk

Message 1 of 4 (422 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sprinting Is OP

★ Pro
@Levelpopoz I can't see how running away gives you any bonus or advantage. Maybe in team vanguish, but you just preserve one point and exclude yourself from the fight, disbalancing your team. Health regen works for both sides.
Hit and run and baiting tactics are valid, even if cheesy. Sprinting can be obnoxious, but that's about it, the only power it has is wasting/saving time.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (349 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide
@Levelpopoz Taking damage will make you a bit slow in terms of mobility and jumping, check to do parkour with and without carnivorous plant poison on your character.
Message 2 of 4 (399 Views)

★ Pro
@Levelpopoz I can't see how running away gives you any bonus or advantage. Maybe in team vanguish, but you just preserve one point and exclude yourself from the fight, disbalancing your team. Health regen works for both sides.
Hit and run and baiting tactics are valid, even if cheesy. Sprinting can be obnoxious, but that's about it, the only power it has is wasting/saving time.
Message 3 of 4 (350 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Pro
@Levelpopoz I used to struggle with this back in Founders but ever since the sprinting changes and aim improvements I think it's fine.

Slightly off-topic, if someone were to ask me what I think about sprinting in the game: I like it. But I will admit, as an Arena player, "cleaning up" a 4v1 is always a low-point and a boring part in my matches. It's exciting trying to escape from a team and split them up as you take them down one by one and bait revives (when all of this works) but from the other perspective it isn't really fun. But if it means getting to the next point in Turf is a more enjoyable experience, then I'd say I'm all for it. (Of course, BFN and GW are very different games. The game design included. Sprint would feel weird with GW2, especially when that game isn't really oriented around movement.)
Message 4 of 4 (348 Views)