Re: Spotlight - World's Edge Deja Loot

by TheGreenFellow

Original Post

Won it once, love it. Great for solo play. But the loot does change in care packages, gold shield a few times, them a gold backpack. Imagine my horror!Large smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 11 of 23 (529 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

kinda dissapointed, since i cant play the game without stretch.. even got 70 fps on 1280x1024 low settings.. unplayable on 1920x1080 or 1600x1050, 1400,  lower than that i cant even see enemy.. pls fix asap!!

Message 12 of 23 (503 Views)

★★ Expert

The evo shield is prob the best thing about it and knowing where all the gold loot is. 

Took some time to find but finally found a nice loadout based on the people I killed and where they could've looted. 

As for the Evo shield, I pick it up whenever I find it and I have a lvl2 shield or lower. Very easy to level up, seems like 1 player amounts to the next level, or 2 lvls if their wearing lvl3 armor. 

Pretty fast to level up, which I thought was a bad idea but than you have to think about how you actually have to go out and fight or poke (giving out your location) and that in itself has its risk. 

Also you have to replenish shields whenever you level up and so with the change of the stacks from 6 to 4, that's not always easy to do. 

Message 13 of 23 (491 Views)

Anonymous

I hate this mode. If You don't land on the spots with high tier loot then You end up having absolutely NOTHING. 

At later stage it's impossible to actually win any fight with low tier equipment because teams that are against You all have high tier loot.

Also it's impossible to find some high tier loot in the bins. So this mode sucks. Basically when You don't have high tier loot at the beginning You may just disconnect.

In normal mode it's possible for You to some high tier loot drop from bins...

Message 14 of 23 (438 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_David I think to keep things balanced but make it worth picking up, the Evo could have the same requirement overall with less damage needed early and more late, so then it's still a great pick late and you gotta work for it, but you can feel confident early too.
Although some players have said it would be nice for the armour to start at full capacity when you upgrade, I think that would make it too strong. To compromise, MAYBE, it would work nicely if you got 50% of the cell replenished. For example, you upgrade from 25 to 50 (blue armour) but when you get the upgrade you have 37-38.
Overall a nice, meta changing item.

@EA_David, off topic question, when the new split starts, will the crash forgiveness reset too?
Message 15 of 23 (403 Views)

★ Guide
The Evo shield is neat.

But I don't like the loot distribution through the map. Not nearly enough good loot at the edges, way too much good loot near the center. Players should feel encouraged to spread out and look around the map at the start of a match, not all congregate to the same spots all the time. The center areas of the map in particular, like around Fragment West/East, should have little in the way of useful loot at all.
Message 16 of 23 (382 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_David can you clarify regarding rewards? Deja loot rewards now cap at 5000 points. I'm almost at that mark and I know that there will be another map next week for this event. Do points gets reset so we get a new set of rewards or it stays the same? Don't think there's any info on the matter anywhere.
Message 17 of 23 (348 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@CrazyPlays54 Gold shield is still better than red Evo shield. But Gold shield is a lot harder to come by since you can't guarantee you will get to pick it up by late game.
Message 18 of 23 (337 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_David The Evo shield feels great and well balanced where it currently is.
The only issue with Evo shield is that it is almost useless unless you pick it up at the beginning of the game. Because by mid or late game, if you pick up an Evo shield you will be outmatched by enemies who have already found better armor.
Also, a good change I would welcome would be for the shield to give you the charged 25 shield whenever it upgrades, instead of giving you the empty charge. This might make it more worthwhile to pick up mid game.
Message 19 of 23 (336 Views)

★★★★ Pro

having a blast.

Still like landing in skyhook to grab that gold shield and legendary sentinal. or the Lstar and the alternator then run and grab me the gold shield.

evo shields are a bit hard to evolve if no one's around, I don't grab it as much unless I got a sniper rifle.

Message 20 of 23 (308 Views)