Re: Sports Sports Sports

by EA_David

Original Post

Sports Sports Sports

★★★★★ Novice

Please consider putting more of your sports titles on PC.

NFL, NHL,NBA???? 

As a non console gamer, I feel neglected....

Or maybe just a direct and honest answer why you no longer release them on PC?

thanks for listening!!!

Message 1 of 2 (381 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sports Sports Sports

Community Manager

Thanks for the post. Digging into this I found the following statements from an interview with 2 "bigwigs" from EA Sports last year.
"

Are we going to see more EA Sports titles on PC?
Bilbey: PC is literally based on demand. There's still the high demand for FIFA on the PC globally because of the global appetite for the game. I think that's less so with Madden, but I think if that changes and an opportunity presents itself, I think we would definitely leverage the opportunity.

Weber: Yeah, I think with Madden in particular, it used to be a good business, and then it declined and the economics just didn't make sense anymore. Then the compounding problem is that I guess in the last four or five years...as we get away from PC development, it becomes more and more difficult to get back to it. We're open to it; it's just a matter of when's the right time and when does the opportunity make sense."

You can find the full interview and some more context here: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/07/11/the-sports-desk-12-questions-for-the-minds...

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 2 (355 Views)