Re: Spore screen name switch

by EA_Illium

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Spore screen name switch

★★★★ Novice

I would like to change my Spore screen name to one that is already used in my old account.

I can't find any way to do this, I asked for EA support multiple times but no one was able to solve this inquiry.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (879 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@LinsaFTW Thank you for the clarification, If you're wanting to use one from an older account, there is not a method to move a screen name around. Once it's made it stays tied to that account. 

If playing on that screen name is the end goal are you able to access the old account?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (820 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@LinsaFTW Are you referring to the one that Appears in Origin?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 4 (849 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Spore has a "screen name" system that lets you have 5 different accounts inside an EA Account.

This screen names can only be created once and can't be deleted/renamed.

Message 3 of 4 (838 Views)

Community Manager

@LinsaFTW Thank you for the clarification, If you're wanting to use one from an older account, there is not a method to move a screen name around. Once it's made it stays tied to that account. 

If playing on that screen name is the end goal are you able to access the old account?

Illium.png

Message 4 of 4 (821 Views)