Betreff: Spore for iPad

by Freggi-Liz

Original Post

Spore for iPad

★ Newbie

Hi there,

I am a science teacher and really want to get spore for my students to enhance their learning about evolution, adaptations and natural selection. We have iPads and iPad minis and I was very disappointed to learn that Spore is only available on iPhone or a Mac desktop. Is there any thought about upgrading the app to be available on iPad? Or can you recommend another educational game along these lines?

Thanks so much,

Cathie Haynes

Message 1 of 7 (9,808 Views)

Re: Spore for iPad

★★★★★ Newbie
Yea mon
Message 2 of 7 (9,089 Views)

Betreff: Spore for iPad

Hi @yourlittlesis

Thank you for your interest in Spore.

The game already existed in 2013 on different platforms.

Development was stopped, because the fanbase did not want to play on these platforms.

Please watch the Shutdown List from EA

https://www.ea.com/service-updates/r-z

Cheers

Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 3 of 7 (9,066 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I agree too

Message 4 of 7 (8,832 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Ever since EA ruined Spore, it became a terrible tool for demonstrating evolution. Perhaps if EA hadn't stepped in on Spore's development, the creature creator would be more about actually evolving than the player trying to max out their creature.
Message 5 of 7 (8,583 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is late, but for iPads and iPad minis you should check out Samsara (Natural Selection). It's a natural selection simulation that is sorta kinda like Spore but with a much simpler array of animals. The interesting thing about Samsara is that the evolutionary rules and natural selection are not entirely obvious, so you have to watch what happens and develop them for yourself. If you have students who are inquisitive and willing to invest some time, it can be a useful learning tool.

Message 6 of 7 (7,573 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@yourlittlesis Literally nothing in Spore is accurate, you seriously wanna use Spore for this?
Message 7 of 7 (7,434 Views)