Re: Spore Bot Parts

by sfdiusmc

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Spore Bot Parts

★ Apprentice

So its been long enough. Locking a parts pack behind a special offer alone was a bad idea as it renders the offer useless. Very few obtained it and as a result there are so few to share such creations with.

We've been strongly adhering to this game. Sticking by you guys for so long and its been a marvelous ride. So finally granting us these parts in a new patch would be a great thank you gift especially as consolation to the loss of our forum.

I leave it up to you EA on your final decision of course but these parts aren't going anywhere so you might as well throw it to the masses to lift their spirits and congratulate them on Spore's great and long run.

Message 1 of 83 (33,976 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

the spore bot parts are (kind of) available now. i made a guide on how to get them on this forum. However I deleted it as it was kind of bad. I may make a more comprehensive guide in the future but for now I'll just use this thread and attempt to be as helpful as possible.

View in thread

Message 3 of 83 (33,776 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide
that would be very cool. i started playing spore in 2014 so i never even got a chance to obtain the bot parts. i have seen creations that use them and they look amazing. we can only hope EA will add them to the game for everyone someday.
Message 2 of 83 (33,864 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

the spore bot parts are (kind of) available now. i made a guide on how to get them on this forum. However I deleted it as it was kind of bad. I may make a more comprehensive guide in the future but for now I'll just use this thread and attempt to be as helpful as possible.

Message 3 of 83 (33,777 Views)

★ Apprentice

Not as good as an official patch but I'd say its a fair workaround. Thanks a lot. I shall be sharing that thread around the Sporepedia.

Message 4 of 83 (33,615 Views)

★ Guide
you are most welcome.
Message 5 of 83 (33,602 Views)

★★★ Novice

What if my Spore is on Steam? Will it work if I put it in the Steam/steamapps/common/Spore/Data folder?

Message 6 of 83 (33,207 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

just keep in mind that if you didn't get the bot parts during the dr pepper event your creations will not be shared with others it block's you from doing it

Edit: you can also get the stuff from here https://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/87189.page while the forum is still active and if someone read's this beyond that point an the link is dead the download is here https://beyondsims.com/2010/01/dr-peppereas-spore-1-06-patch-and-14-mech-parts-download/

all this info is thanks to SporeMasterSlime

Message 7 of 83 (33,192 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

you can share them. you need to talk to an EA customer support agent to be able to share though.

Message 8 of 83 (33,181 Views)

★ Guide
you would put the BP2 package in Steam/steamapps/common/Spore/Data

or if you are using galactic adventures i believe you would put it in Steam/steamapps/common/Spore/DataEP1
Message 9 of 83 (33,179 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have to say this but are people allowed to get the Spore Bot Parts even if they never got the pack when the Dr Pepper Bot Part Pack promotion was still going on? (Since I never got a Spore Bot Pack part, and Idk if the adviser will give it to me since I've been wanting those parts in my life, but never got the chance to do so)

Edit: I should also note that I don't know if it's legal or illegal to get the Bot Part Packs since I never got a single promotion code given to me for the Bot Part Pack. (When it was still going on)

I'm also afraid if it might break my game since my game is Patch 1.07 (Especially the bot mouths that don't have a singing ability)

I find this to be a problem, since I don't know if acquiring the bot parts before Patch 1.07 is required. (When you had it in Patch 1.06 of course)

Message 10 of 83 (33,082 Views)