Re: Spooky costumes for Season 2, please!

by kapkarrot

Original Post

Spooky costumes for Season 2, please!

★★★★★ Guide

October is less than a month away, which means Halloween season is quickly approaching (for me, it's already here).

And since the next season is less than a month away, I hope to see some spooky skins with it!

You want suggestions?  Sure, why not!

Amphora - Creature from the Black Lagoon

Izell - werejaguar

Plink - puppet, like Pinocchio

Jayto - vampire?  I mean, he has great hair for it

Kayi - yeti?  ghost?  not sure for her

Blastbeard - beard tentacles, like Davy Jones

Topnotch - headless horseman

Flux - mad scientist

Mysteen - wicked witch

Boone - skeleton

Rev - Bride of Frankenstein

What would you like to see?

Message 1 of 9 (1,310 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @kapkarrot,

love your ideas! It's so fab how you tailored all the spooky skins to the characters, those are perfect matches! Large smile

Jayto would make a great vampire alright (as you said, that hair!); and Kayi could definitely be a great yeti or ghost, she could also be an (evil) snow queen maybe? As you know by now, Rev is my fav and I'd love to play her as Frankenstein's bride ... that would be so much fun! Standard smile 

I'd also love to see a zombie or mummy in the mix! I can't decide who'd be a good match for that though, there are too many great options for spooky skins! 

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 9 (1,261 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

One thing I agree with in sentiment is that we could do with a bit more variety in the costumes rather than just different colours etc. Where it has been implemented as with Elvis Jayto and Biker Boone it is to great effect. Legendary Amphora is awesome but sadly not earnable with rocket parts. Give us more variety please as when you do it's spot on.

Also, Mysteen... Why does Mysteen have so many great outfits!!! Please take the artist off Mysteen and get them to work on my mains Izell and Rev. Thanks 😀

Message 3 of 9 (1,253 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@EA_Leeloo wrote:

Hey @kapkarrot,

love your ideas! It's so fab how you tailored all the spooky skins to the characters, those are perfect matches! Large smile

Jayto would make a great vampire alright (as you said, that hair!); and Kayi could definitely be a great yeti or ghost, she could also be an (evil) snow queen maybe? As you know by now, Rev is my fav and I'd love to play her as Frankenstein's bride ... that would be so much fun! Standard smile 

I'd also love to see a zombie or mummy in the mix! I can't decide who'd be a good match for that though, there are too many great options for spooky skins! 

Ooooh, evil snow queen...like the White Witch from Narnia!  And as an explorer of ancient things, Boone would be a good mummy.

Who would make a good zombie?  All of them!  Give them all a zombie costume (maybe a PvZ crossover...)

Message 4 of 9 (1,238 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Leef needs a spooky costume, too! But what should it be?

Since people already think he's an alien...how about an alien? Keep the big spooky eyes, give him green skin, and make Flitt a little space bug (robot?).

Message 5 of 9 (1,022 Views)

★★ Pro

So... Mysteen's witch costume as seen in the menus? How can I unlock that in the game? Don't say I can't that's not the right answer, it's amazing. 😅 

Message 6 of 9 (977 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Costumes revealed!

https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketArena/comments/jev41f/rocket_arena_210_blog_all_craters_eve_event/

Spellbinder Mysteen

Creature from the Doom Lagoon

Scarecrow Flux

Trick or Leef

Bride of Craterstein Amphora

Toppy the Tiger

The Wolf Rev

Ghoulish Boone

Automaton Jayto

Izell the Rook

Uncanny Undead Mysteen

Clownbeard

Mesmerizing Mime Plink

A good mix overall, with some amazing costumes (Spellbinder and Creature), while others are uninspiring (Bride, Toppy).  Most perplexing though is no Kayi costume!

EDIT: The costumes look MUCH better in game than the preview images.  And a Wicked Web Kayi costume is available with EA Play.  I don't have the Creature from the Lagoon of Doom costume yet, but I purchased all of the others available.  Great job, design team!

Check out the link for the full list.  There are also some wonderful totem, trail, and megablast effects!

Message 7 of 9 (942 Views)

★★ Pro

I had enough credits left over from my early adopters bonus to purchase Mysteen's Witch costume. My life is complete. 😀

Message 8 of 9 (864 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@34975634954957 @kapkarrot Those costumes are amazing, I'm really loving the Spellbinder Mysteen and Ghoulish Boone - they look amazing!!

But, if I dare say, these ideas for spooky costumes were pretty great, too ... I still totally want a Bride of Frankenstein-Rev! 

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 9 (830 Views)