Re: (Spoilers) - New enemy faction hinted at?

by mckrackin5324

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

What if benefactor is Illusive Man's clone? 

Message 11 of 46 (1,830 Views)

★★★ Guide

@pyrion wrote:

When you first visit the Remnant city, if you actually read the fluff, they refer to their enemy, presumably the ones that unleashed the Scourge, as "the opposition." I realize it's pretty generic, but I'm thinking "philosophical opposition," meaning probably the same species as the Jardaan, but philosophically opposed. Especially notable in that the Scourge seems to go after Remnant tech specifically.

As for this mysterious "benefactor," I doubt it's the Illusive Man, simply because his whole schtick was control. If he bankrolled the Andromeda Initiative, he'd have left with it. Whoever the "benefactor" is, it's someone who went with them. You don't invest that kind of capital just to die of old age wondering if it was worth it.

I totally agree to your benefactor theoriy!

And the part about the Jardaan seems pretty solid too! This really makes sense. The only thing that make me doubt it, is that the Jardann seem to not understand the Scourge. All the texts on Remnant city left me with the feeling that the Jardaan were suprised and had really no clue what was going on and how it works. Usually when there are oppositions in the same species they have similarly advanced technology. At least so far, that they could imagine what the other side is capable of. 
But on the other hand: thats a fictional story, so everything is possible.
I am really eager to learn more about the Jardaan! 

Message 12 of 46 (1,827 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

The Angara are the Geth.

A race of beings created by the Jardaan as servants or slaves.

The Jardaan split into two factions. One that educated and freed the Angara and the opposition that didn't.

The Scourge is created by the "Free Angara" faction to stop the creation and enslavement of more Angara.

The Scourge is actually left over by the good guys.

The ancient Angara that stay away and isolated are the only ones mildly aware of the past. It's why they were able to keep the vault running just good enough for that planet to survive.

Reincarnation / Genetic memory of Angara is because they are advanced machines and when the body fails,the operation system migrates to a new body.

The gauntlet with the contacts in the fingers was a flash drive. Carrying the OS and memory of the previous model. 

Putting it on booted the old memory files.

We're going to spend a lot of time finding these Jardaan that seem to be altruistic creators only to find they are slavers and eventually,the ultimate enemy.  

Exaltation might even be a tool of the original Jardaan that was taken over by the freed Angara slaves and twisted and perverted over the centuries.

Message 13 of 46 (1,810 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Some back and forth going on about the similarities of this story and the original trilogy.  Some saying that the Jardaan and Prothean's are too similar and others saying they aren't.  I say that it's a rehash with a different name.  The Prothean's vanished.  Used the mass effect devices and everyone thought they created them.  The Jardaan vanished.  Used the Remnant devices and everyone thought they created them. 

Spoiler
Information was given at the end of the game that they did not create the devices.

A little too similar and somewhat lazy of the creators in my opinion.

Message 14 of 46 (1,802 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I am siding with the idea that the Jardaan were attacked from within due to not liking what they were doing. I also think the Jardaan are the ones that made the Reapers in the fist place, at least one of the "evil" factions of the Jardaan to stop aliens from other galaxies from getting advanced enough to do what the Initiative did (cross galaxy travel) or be as advanced as them.

As for the Illusive Man thing, i can almost guarantee he isn't the Benefactor since he only did things that benefited Humans and ONLY Humans, no way he or Cerberus would fund the Initiative. I have a feeling it was the Shadow Broker aka Liara as a just in case measure if they couldn't stop the Reapers, this makes even more sense because of the memory logs with her.

Message 15 of 46 (1,794 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Finaldeath1689 wrote:

I am siding with the idea that the Jardaan were attacked from within due to not liking what they were doing. I also think the Jardaan are the ones that made the Reapers in the fist place, at least one of the "evil" factions of the Jardaan to stop aliens from other galaxies from getting advanced enough to do what the Initiative did (cross galaxy travel) or be as advanced as them.

As for the Illusive Man thing, i can almost guarantee he isn't the Benefactor since he only did things that benefited Humans and ONLY Humans, no way he or Cerberus would fund the Initiative. I have a feeling it was the Shadow Broker aka Liara as a just in case measure if they couldn't stop the Reapers, this makes even more sense because of the memory logs with her.

Think about it..

TIM had no issues in working with Aliens before if it served to increase human interests.

So he finds out about the initiative taking thousands of colonists away from the milky way - including, humans. He is aware of the reaper threat, more than that he is aware of the collectors and their possible connection to the reapers long before anyone else and around the time the AI was fast tracked.

So here he has a chance to get even more humans away, a chance to ensure the species will survive, a contingecy plan incase things in the milky way go south and that, alone, is exactly the kind of thing he would do. If he had to back a few aliens, to make sure humans survive and thrive, so be it. A small price to pay.

He is also exactly the kind of person who would see to it Garza was killed so that someone high up in cerberus, someone he probably had in place already - could take her place. Didn't count on the scourge or the uprising that would follow.

Maybe he, himself is there, maybe the TIM in the milkyway was a clone. Or maybe he has a clone there or maybe just someone he trusts completely. No matter either way really.

We know TIM has the resources and connections and drive to see to it humanity survive at any cost.

We know he isn't beyond killing anyone if it serves whatever plans he has in store..

We don't know of anyone else with those kinds of connections and resources other than maybe the shadow broker - but murder like that makes no sense if it's Liara’s doing.

Of the things we do know, cerberus is the only one that makes sense. Beyond that it'd have to be an unknown group because a single individual wouldn't have that much resources to pull off sending another 100 thousand or so people above what was originally intended. I get the feeling there is another 100 thousand humans on the way from the information we know, in addition to the first arks sent. It makes sense, send them at the same time but make their vessels slower so the place is established before they arrive.

Otherwise, the benefactor isn't known to us from the trilogy but maybe someone known to us in Andromeda and psrt of an unknown group, time will tell but Cerberus makes the most sense currently.

[Edit] also 1 more thing I noticed. Schematics for the normandy sr-2 in Tanns office. Howd they get hold of them? The alliance wouldn't give it up, besides Shep didn't turn themselves in yet. Cerberus only would if they had a future investment in mind.

Message 16 of 46 (1,785 Views)

★★ Guide

The benefactor is most likely the extremely wealthy, prostitute/madame Asari from the Citadel. The consort? She just simply knew things people needed. Premonition. Sorry, lack of sleep. She was no where to be found in the third game and knew in the first game Shepard would be the one to stop what was coming. Daddy Ryder asks the benefactor how they knew; the benefactor says something along the lines of I knew something huge was coming, just not what. Is she the one who started Advent or does she still control the Initiative?

Message 17 of 46 (1,769 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Cerberus and TIM would be the most boring conclusion to this whole matter around the Benefactor, no matter if they would make or otherwise not sense. It would feel like they couldn't let anything go, copying and pasting everything to Andromeda, and I would love not seeing that happen. Even having the Shadow Broker would be less dull, although he is not an option anymore accordingly to Dr. T'Soni.

The Benefactor could be a third unknown person. There's no telling that around the whole Milky Way, only a few already known people/alien would fit that role and it would be poor thinking limiting ideas like that.

Message 18 of 46 (1,763 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

1. what if the benefactor turned out to be the Collectors, ( Now half the reapers are headed to Andromeda to wipe out all sentient life in that galaxy too..LOL ). all the Sam's are actually a Reapers in disguise...

2. or the little * boy at the end of mass effect three provided the money as an alternative solution ( sentient species out of sight out of mind ).

3. Or maybe it is the shadow broker. 

4. The what if's are of course determined by Bioware, and we can only guess.. But I suppose it is fun to guess

Message 19 of 46 (1,758 Views)

★ Guide

@chrissyce1123 wrote:

The benefactor is most likely the extremely wealthy, prostitute/madame Asari from the Citadel. The consort? She just simply knew things people needed. Premonition. Sorry, lack of sleep. She was no where to be found in the third game and knew in the first game Shepard would be the one to stop what was coming. Daddy Ryder asks the benefactor how they knew; the benefactor says something along the lines of I knew something huge was coming, just not what. Is she the one who started Advent or does she still control the Initiative?

i don't find that theory solid but now that you mentioned is weird that the asari consort is nowhere to be found in ME3 as for the elusive man he was too pro human i dont think he would invest money in the other arks. Has anyone think maybe the benefactor is SHEPARD as a mean to save them in case he fail but again the murder of jein garson is not something Shepard would orchestrate 

Message 20 of 46 (1,744 Views)