Spitty vs Rampage

by dSKyNafinchin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Spitty vs Rampage

Champion

Just out of curiosity, how are we feeling about the Spitty v Rampage, now that we have had the Rampage for a little while? I am more curious about comparison/feelings about floor loot Spitty, not the crate version. I honestly liked to run a Spitty since launch, because I'm trash, but I must say, I would probably pick the Rampage over it, even if they both were floor loot. I know, I know.. "spray and pray, yah yah".. I did mention that I'm bad, so please don't hate!

I'm curious how other people feel at this point, floor loot Spitty, or Rampage?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 1 of 17 (1,017 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Spitty vs Rampage

Champion

Rampage feels less oppressive than the spitfire did,yet its still powerful....so im pretty happy with the current setup personally.

View in thread

Message 7 of 17 (959 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

They both do excellent damage.  If I had to floor loot one of them in front of me I'd might go with the spitfire because it doesn't have the ramp up time and I'm more familiar with it.  If there is a thermite next to them or I have one in my inventory, I'd nab that Rampage and heat that sucker up.

Message 2 of 17 (1,004 Views)

Champion
@wOAxelOw I feel that! A charged Rampage is a magical thing haha. I think it might be the slower fire rate that I love so much. I feel like I'm more accurate with it, over the Spitty, because I place the slower shots better, even when I charge it up

Message 3 of 17 (1,000 Views)

Champion
@dSKyNafinchin Hate the rampage. Requires the one nade I dont like to carry.
Message 4 of 17 (975 Views)

[ Edited ]

Spitfire.  I dig the rampage, but it's generally an attachment holder for my flatline or possibly hemlok.  And I know you're asking about the floor spitfire, but being a CP weapon, i don't feel kinda greasy picking it up like I used to.

Message 5 of 17 (966 Views)

Champion
@hayhor Honestly, that's the ONE thing I hate about it. I generally only carry arcs/frags, mainly arcs. I have had to force myself to get into the mindset of grabbing one thermite, so I can charge her on up. I have found that I usually only need to carry the one, because most of the time I find another one in whichever teams boxes we just murked. Still takes an inventory slot though, which sucks

Message 6 of 17 (963 Views)

Champion

Rampage feels less oppressive than the spitfire did,yet its still powerful....so im pretty happy with the current setup personally.

Message 7 of 17 (960 Views)

Champion
@pandareno1999 I can respect that. I'm basically the opposite though. I tend to use the Flatline/Hemmy to carry attachments for a Rampage, and used to do the same for the Spitty. The 301 is my AR of choice. Honestly not a big fan of burst-fire weapons on FPS games (Halo 3 BR is an exception to that)

Message 8 of 17 (952 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@MandatoryIDtagI can 100% agree with you on this!! I don't feel like I'm facing a wall of Spitty fire, every match anymore

Edit: I'm actually gonna mark yours as the solution, because you basically formed the sentence that properly formulated my sentiments on the matter

Message 9 of 17 (950 Views)

★★ Pro

When the season first started Rampage was instantly one of my favourite weapons particularly with the Thermite attatchment & I'd often melt entire squads with it & yes I'd admit it was OP.But with the nerfing it received where it is now effectively one of the slowest guns in the game I very rarely touch it now as players who have perfected the art of tap-strafing can merely dance rings around with you now with the slowness of the Rampage.In matches I see plenty of Rampage's left behind in loot chests etc & whenever I ping them for teammates none of them tend to pick it up so it looks live over-nerfing it has made it bit of a redundant weapon now.Spitfire by a mile for me.

Message 10 of 17 (916 Views)