Re: Spitfire already stupid, shouldn't get any buff to get into the CP

by WreckingVi

Original Post

★★★★ Pro
@WreckingVi you think the spitfire's bad, than you'll hate life once you start fighting against devo and lstar users
Message 21 of 33 (337 Views)

★ Expert
@WreckingVi I always considered spitfire as a "suppressing" weapon that's meant to pin people down so I don't really think it's OP. I don't even like the nerf they gave it and think they should give it a different nerf to weaken it's CQC strength. They should have just added movement penalty when the gun is out so it would be weak in CQC situations.
Message 22 of 33 (330 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@KelRiever wrote:

Thing is, until they come out with another LMG, the Spitfire is still the best LMG.  That doesn't mean it is OP, but the LStar is pretty much an early game burner (and not bad at all for that), and the Devo is just ridiculous to handle.  Spin up is always a nerf on a gun in any game because frankly you might just be dead before you ever see the high rate of fire shots.  Not to mention by then you are breaking your hands trying to control the recoil. 

Spitfire always has been fine, I personally thought the large mag capacity was a good design given the rest of the gun is meh.  If people had real life LMGs instead of game balanced make you feel good LMGs nobody would ever carry anything else as an option.  But because we're all gamers and get mad at the guns that shoot us, rather than credit that the shooter was actually better than us, well we have squirt gun damage on LMGs.

Feels about right.

Now of course we must nerf everything until your smile does too much damage.  Sometimes, you know, guns...in a gun game...they kill you even if they aren't OP and that is the point.

I can't agree it's the best. I've countered it with the Devo plenty of times. Is the Devo harder to control? Sure. But once you get that down the higher for rate helps against anyone with a spitty.

Message 23 of 33 (312 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The spitfire hasn’t been a problem for me personally. It’s like any other mid range gun for me but I can see that its main advantage comes from its huge mag. The hip fire sucks on that gun though.

Message 24 of 33 (295 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Cheese9Man The issue comes when a whole squad is using it 😅😅😅
Message 25 of 33 (587 Views)

Champion

@Lord_Scorpion34  exactly, and then the third party rolls along carrying one or two spitfires lol.

How tf we supposed to escape that shower of bullets haha. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 26 of 33 (277 Views)

★ Expert

I don't mind the Spitfire later in the game, but if you get an r99 and your enemy gets a spitfire (and has decent aim) at the drop, well then, you know it's over before it even started lol.

Anyway now i'm a bit more scared of the new lmg coming out, i hope it's not too opWondering.

Message 27 of 33 (271 Views)

★★★ Pro
@WreckingVi You've had a howler... but Rockyboy is happy as he is getting his Prowler!
Message 28 of 33 (248 Views)

★★★ Pro
@rockyboy1998 yeah I loved Prowler, happy for it to come back.
Message 29 of 33 (234 Views)

Champion
@rockyboy1998 So bad.........
Message 30 of 33 (231 Views)