Re: Special Ability Upgrades (Suggestion)

by benn1nat0r

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Special Ability Upgrades (Suggestion)

Champion

Hi everyone,Standard smile

I have another idea. What if the developers at some point down the road added "special upgrades" for abilities. These are specifically upgrades that boost the power of abilites greatly, and they would either be obtained from Rux or at the end of the Prize Map. They would boost that ability greatly, but they would cost 6 upgrade points, and they would have some sort of a downside. It would be a lot like legendary upgrades, except they are rarer and harder to get, and only benefit abilities. Perhaps as a passive by using these upgrades as well, the cooldowns of that ability would be doubled that you have an upgrade equipped for, but they would become very powerful. E.g. Barrel Blast has double health and you move about twice as fast whenever you are in it, but you would have to wait about 30 seconds to use Barrel Blast again and it takes up 6 of your 7 upgrade points. Also, even if your abilites are negated, if you have a special ability upgrade equipped, you are still able to use that ability. If they were to be sold through Rux, perhaps for 5 million coins (remember, what else can us players spend coins on). Rux would sell them in a rotation and we would get more chances to rebuy the upgrade, so it does not become pay to win. 

Again, as always, more important aspects of the game need to be fixed first, but possibly at some point, something like this could be added. I love all Legendary Upgrades (but some do need nerfing) so adding more upgrades like Special Upgrades could replace Alternate Abilites and would be fun to use. 

The devs could even add upgrades that are like the current Legendary Upgrades except a more powerful version of them and they cost 6-7 upgrade points. But some Legendary Upgrades need nerfing first. 

Let me know what you think down there in the replies section. Tag me if you wish to reply directly to me. Me Too it if you like the idea.

P.S. @benn1nat0r Thanks for your suggestion ideas - they gave me the idea to make suggestion ideas as well, but yours are better than mine. Standard smile

P.P.S. Added this picture of mine for no reason. 

Blade of the Beetle.PNG

Message 1 of 6 (467 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Pro
@TheSprinter85 I really agree, it's really cool to see them giving the abilities and characters a variety.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (439 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro
@TheSprinter85 really, very interesting ideas, I think it would be really cool to see more improvements to the skills, similar to the improvements that had the rocket ride when it was leaked.
Message 2 of 6 (459 Views)

Champion
@gametrieuk It would definitely make the whole upgrade system more interesting. It’s fine replacing variants, don’t get me wrong, but the more the devs can add to the upgrade system the better.
Message 3 of 6 (441 Views)

★★ Pro
@TheSprinter85 I really agree, it's really cool to see them giving the abilities and characters a variety.
Message 4 of 6 (440 Views)

Champion

I’m really glad you really agree @gametrieukLarge smile

Not only can adding these into game make it even more of a better way of replacing variants, but these could serve as alternate abilities as well. Standard smile

Message 5 of 6 (429 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 Amazing idea, I love it Standard smile. Thanks for crediting me. Your ideas certainly aren't worse than mine. I just collected many in the time before I posted on the forums and now I have them all to share.
Message 6 of 6 (418 Views)