Spawning on squad mates when map begins.

by CantGetRight

Original Post

Re: Spawning on squad mates when map begins.

★★ Expert
@xXGugusseXx Yes, when you are close you can press the "interaction" key (E) and throw them back. I have quick throw grenades enabled, maybe that has something to do with it.
So this works on frag grenades - including Sundance Scatter grenades -, and on the spotting balls.
Message 11 of 27 (411 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@ElliotLH wrote:
@kregoraGood question. I don't remember ever seeing a prompt to throw back grenades in 2042 myself but I'm not sure if I've just missed it.

You can deffo interact with spot balls and they then work for you for a bit, haven't tried with Grenades yet.

So not being able to spawn on squad vehicles at the start of round could be a console bug?

Interesting.....

Wonder if anyone has raised a bug report.

Message 12 of 27 (401 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Trokey66 I knew about the pokeballs but mustn't have considered that it'd work on other grenade types too. Sounds like something I'd do anyway.

I think I remember seeing a bug report about it - will see if I can find it.

Edit: Not specifically about this problem but it is mentioned: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/The-Spawn-Map-is-Riddled-With-Problems/m-p/11260495#M13987

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 13 of 27 (392 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@ElliotLH I thought it was just us that called them pokeballs!
Message 14 of 27 (372 Views)

Hero
@Trokey66 I probably stole it from you to be fair

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 15 of 27 (358 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@ElliotLH wrote:
@Trokey66I probably stole it from you to be fair

🤣😂🤣

Message 16 of 27 (351 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Trokey66 wait what ? how can you do that ? Only on PC as well or you can do it on console ? I've never seen any prompt for throwing back grenades on console. Same for pokeballs, and I was already quite close to it while trying to shoot it (which didn't work as well).
Message 17 of 27 (309 Views)

★★★ Guide
@kregora ok, that might be the problem. This is an option I've got off because the description isn't very clear (in french at least). I always thought this was an option to immediately throw any grenade as soon as you select it, not that it also gives the possibility to throwback. this would explain why i don't see any prompt...
Message 18 of 27 (306 Views)

★★ Expert
@xXGugusseXx Shooting enemy pokeballs destroys them - maybe. Maybe they just bounce away.
To interact with throwables I'd assume you use the same button to interact with the loadout crate, open doors, enter/leave a vehicle(?)
Message 19 of 27 (299 Views)

★★ Expert
@xXGugusseXx It is only an assumptions, and I wouldn't be surprised much, when some of the settings do have side effects. That is why I mentioned it. Maybe you want to give it a try.

On PC, Quick Throw usually starts the throwing animation when you press "G" and throws the grenade. And when you hold "G" the behavior it readies the grenade, and throws it when you press the left mouse button, or release the "G" key.
Message 20 of 27 (298 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help