Re: Spawning on squad mates when map begins.

by kregora

Original Post

Spawning on squad mates when map begins.

★ Expert

I have found that PC players can spawn on squadmates in a vehicle before the map begins but console players can't.  Has anyone else noticed this as well?  

It happened when me and a friend were playing on console, we are both on PS5, with PC players, and when I selected the LATV4 the PC players were able to spawn on me whereas my friend couldn't when the round started.

Message 1 of 27 (623 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Expert
@CantGetRight Ahh that explains why people ask for that feature ...
leads me to another question, can console players throw back throw ables like grenades, or is that a PC only feature as well?
Message 2 of 27 (595 Views)

Hero
@kregora Good question. I don't remember ever seeing a prompt to throw back grenades in 2042 myself but I'm not sure if I've just missed it.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 3 of 27 (568 Views)

Champion

@CantGetRight wrote:

I have found that PC players can spawn on squadmates in a vehicle before the map begins but console players can't.  Has anyone else noticed this as well?  

It happened when me and a friend were playing on console, we are both on PS5, with PC players, and when I selected the LATV4 the PC players were able to spawn on me whereas my friend couldn't when the round started.

Yep I play on PC and have noticed squad mates spawning in my vehicle, not sure if that happened in an update or whether it was there from the launch,

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 27 (559 Views)

Champion

@ElliotLH wrote:
@kregoraGood question. I don't remember ever seeing a prompt to throw back grenades in 2042 myself but I'm not sure if I've just missed it.

I can't recall seeing that prompt on PC but I may also have missed it.

Mind you if someone throws a grenade at me I am usually too busy panicking and jumping around like something demented to notice anything. Large smile

Message 5 of 27 (557 Views)

Hero

@RayD_O1 wrote:

@ElliotLH wrote:
@kregoraGood question. I don't remember ever seeing a prompt to throw back grenades in 2042 myself but I'm not sure if I've just missed it.

I can't recall seeing that prompt on PC but I may also have missed it.

Mind you if someone throws a grenade at me I am usually too busy panicking and jumping around like something demented to notice anything. Large smile

Haha pretty much.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 6 of 27 (546 Views)

★★★ Guide
@CantGetRight yes, I don't understand why console players can't spawn in vehicle when the match starts. That's completely stupid. You need to cross fingers that some vehicle will wait at spawn to take you, but most of the time drivers just pass by. Then console players start their match running like chickens to the closest objective. My feeling is that a lot of complaints about "empty maps where you spend a lot of time just running" is coming from this starting point...
Message 7 of 27 (530 Views)

★★★ Guide
@kregora you can throw back grenades on PC (like BFV) ??? I thought they removed this from the game ? Never had any prompt about it on console...
Message 8 of 27 (528 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This has always been a basic feature of BF.

Not only that but the ability to hold off from spawning and wait for squad mates to jump out/make room in a vehicle.

The force spawn when all the vehicles are gone is just another ridiculous feature when what we already had was FAR better.

EA/DICE at some point decided that team play was bad.

Message 9 of 27 (496 Views)

Champion

@Ai-Fluffy wrote:

This has always been a basic feature of BF.

Not only that but the ability to hold off from spawning and wait for squad mates to jump out/make room in a vehicle.

The force spawn when all the vehicles are gone is just another ridiculous feature when what we already had was FAR better.

EA/DICE at some point decided that team play was bad.

Yes I agree so you end up on a marathon hike to get anywhere.

The other thing that annoys me during the initial first spawn on certain maps. is that Helicopters are released so quickly that they can capture the first flag (or two) before all other vehicles,  (obviously infantry have no chance on foot).

They should be delayed a bit or start further back imho, so all vehicles have a chance at capping.

I am sure decent Heli Pilots would fly further afield and take the flags further away but most that I have seen take the easy option and go for Flags 1 & 2.

In an ideal world both Heli's and Vehicles should all leave the first flag for the poor infantry guys trundling along but that's never going to happen is it.  Large smile

Message 10 of 27 (487 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help