Re: Spawn killing in Exposure

by Adamonic

Original Post

Spawn killing in Exposure

★★★ Guide

First time I experienced spawn killing in Exposure. Two helicopters were circulating in our spawn and killing everybody. There is no limit of EA/Dice developers stupidity to let that happen.

Fly to a spawn and just keep killing using hind and the new chopper. Spawn must be forbidden area for enemies, flying or not flying.

Also in BT helicopters can fly to a new area during count down and start harvesting defenders.

Message 1 of 11 (569 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I experienced a single Hind spawn camping, just hovering in the canyon on B spawn in Breakthrough yesterday. All he did was fly out of range after flaring once then return for the same thing. It was ridiculous. 

Message 2 of 11 (559 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@xVulture Oh, and snipers (anyone) also should not be able to kill in spawn areas.
Message 3 of 11 (558 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Kompura Yeah, I kind of touched on this in the new rocket is op thread. All it would take is making the spawn zones no fire in or out. Of course, doesn't stop them from farming you as you leave but it at least gives you a safe place to spawn and get your bearings.
Message 4 of 11 (510 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Psychopski like who could look at the maps objective locations and think some of the spawn locations (or logic) was good? If feels like zero effort or thought was put into such a fundamental part of the game.

You would think after all this time and feedback that Exposure would have solid spawn points, nope. In BT, the US spawn is literally farther from the objective than the RU spawn (attackers). The attackers can actually cut off the spawn point from the defenders. So once there is a little attrition, the first objective is easily overtaken without much of an effort.
Message 5 of 11 (377 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@protoman23 Exposure may be one of the easiest maps to evade incoming missiles in and around the objective areas. The first point is extremely bad from a defender's standpoint because you don't have any space behind the objective and the Hind can drop out of LOS super easy on 3 sides.

The worst part is the defenders don't even get an aircraft to defend with. 1v0 is tough.

With 2x repairs onboard, that thing is staying up all game. Unlimited ammo and flares don't make much sense either.
Message 6 of 11 (372 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Adamonic Remember when they put automatic AA systems in spawn bases, had bases around corners, etc all to prevent this? It’s not that hard to do, and they’d done in past games just because of the known spawn camping issues. I’m sure that’s viewed as a a legacy feature though so, don’t hold your breathe that they’ll fix it.
Message 7 of 11 (340 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@ATFGunr Gee, imagine that? So much better than Exposure BT's initial spawn. Infantry literally spawns on the road which is a straight line to the objective and in full view of the opposing team. No easy access to cover either. It's kind of insane that they'd do that.
Message 8 of 11 (325 Views)

★★ Guide

Playing as attacking team or defending team on Exposure BT64 is almost always a miserable experience.  Attacking is virtually impossible because of the spawn camping.  Likewise if you're defending it's just monumentally boring after 5 minutes.  I've rarely played a balanced match on that mode.

I was playing as attacking side the other day and got into a Hind as main gunner with a guy who was incredibly competent.  He absolutely dominated the enemy team.  They couldn't touch him. As soon as he took a hit or two, as others have pointed out it's just a case of dropping into the canyon and regen the health.  Then rinse and repeat.

By the time we got to the C flag, I'm not exaggerating 60% of the enemy team were shooting rockets of every description at us and they STILL couldn't take him down.  They finally got him as our team had the C flag half capped.  I think I got 40 odd kills to my one death.....

That was first time every seeing that as I'm not really a flyer. I've been on the receiving end of it almost every time I've played the game.

It led me to the conclusion that Air vehicles are broken in more ways than one in this game....

Message 9 of 11 (282 Views)

★ Pro
@Psychopski yeah i can agree ... previous games had stationary guns in spawn area for a good reason
also the spawn areas are bad very often... you spawn in open field, surrounded by enemies, from time to time you even spawn literally next to the enemy, often you spawn at the exact same position(no randomization of spawn position???)
on exposure one example are when it goes down from upside to the tunnels, while the attacker camps on the hill and snipes down there, when you spawn at one of the points you literally spawn outside the tunnels and ALWAYS in direct sight of the snipers.
Message 10 of 11 (270 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help