Re: Spam Ping

by X_jab12_x

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Spam Ping

★ Expert

I probably don’t even need to remind you all, but don’t be that guy who spams the ping as if it was an actual life or death situation.

Teammate broke off from the team right off the get go, dude wanted to hot drop, we landed opposite side of the map.

Gets downed within 30 seconds, but somehow doesn’t get finished off, proceeds to spam the ping nonstop, for the entirety of him being downed, and his crate being available.

He was obviously being a little b#tch about it, and doing this on purpose cause he was mad, and well, it got to me.

Sent him a PM saying we weren’t going to run across the entire map cause he died having broken off the jump leader to go all Rambo and what not. I did so with a colorful vocabulary, to what he replies "enjoy your comm ban."

That being said, if a comm ban does come around, I can honestly say, the satisfaction of my PM was well worth it.

Message 1 of 10 (1,556 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Gabrielmojo26 Easy fix... go to squad screen and cancel his pings

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (1,476 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Pro

As mirage would say: yep,

there is too many tryhards that play this game. I peronally like the ones that loot right under you, follow you every where you go and be the first to get downed then ping non stop.

I bought back a pinger that did this with less then 45 sec left before ring 3 started to move. we were in between wetlands and artillery. I was pathfinder. I was nice enough to throw down a zippline maybe 10ft from his death box there was tthree teams worth of death boxes. He decided to go through each box mind you we had to go to far ring past bunker near pit was the next safe zone.

He got downed again, that player never pinged his box again that game. and sat and watch us get a win.

Message 2 of 10 (1,539 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I used to care far to much about respawning team mates, regardless of the cost to me... but now? If they broke off to Rambo, I won't bother. They can rot and hopefully learn from their mistake. Mind you, 5 months in and still more than half the player base still don't understand the game they are playing, I'm sure lol.

Repeated pinging just makes me feel warm and fuzzy now, as I run in a completely different direction. One got left last night. Other side of the map, dies, ping ping ping ping ping.... I stared at where his banner was (miles away), turned, and went on my merry way.

Message 3 of 10 (1,532 Views)

★★ Expert

lol...comm ban...never heard that one before!

Heart

Message 4 of 10 (1,503 Views)

★ Expert
@jumanjaydazed I got a 24hr communication ban! Lol
Message 5 of 10 (1,482 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Gabrielmojo26 Easy fix... go to squad screen and cancel his pings
Message 6 of 10 (1,477 Views)

★ Expert
@AcessorieSS Well shiiiet, didn’t know that! Thanks!
Message 7 of 10 (1,468 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Any time! If he decides to turn on his mic you can mute him too. And then tell him how dumb he is lol

Message 8 of 10 (1,424 Views)

★★ Expert

@Gabrielmojo26 

Really? lol...I honestly didn't know they had that.  Good to know...thx

Heart

Message 9 of 10 (1,362 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah ping spam is super annoying especially when you are running towards respawn beacon or trying to but people are around. Yes you can turn it off but when being chased or trying to move around it's a little hard to pause for 7 seconds

Message 10 of 10 (1,260 Views)