Sound is ruining what could be the best season ever.

by Axs5626Sxa5001

Original Post

Sound is ruining what could be the best season ever.

★★★★ Pro

The audio issues are currently the worse they have been since the game’s launch.

Is there a more technical reason for this particular trend? The audio has actually progressively gotten worse as the seasons go by— is this a product of them making additions to the in-game coding? 

The new map and content are AMAZING. The SBMM is still WAY too aggressive but I have accepted that SBMM isn’t going anywhere. But this audio— it’s egregious.

Message 1 of 11 (364 Views)

Re: Sound is ruining what could be the best season ever.

★★ Guide

Agree. The positional audio is a disaster, it is worse then Season 1. You literally can't tell where footsteps are coming from. After they did such an amazing patch and balance changes they ruined Season 7 with worse audio I have witnessed in any multiplayer shooter so far.

Message 2 of 11 (336 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Axs5626Sxa5001 S7 is amazing, Olympus is crazy. 2 things I have problem with it. Code; Leaf and sound issue. Fix these. Apex would be back on the menu for all gaming shooters out there.
Message 3 of 11 (329 Views)

★★ Guide

I've been playing this game since day one every day, but I think I'm gonna quit playing until they don't fix this positional sound disaster. This is a fail of epic proportions, a slap to the whole Apex community and just pure incompetence.

Message 4 of 11 (306 Views)

★ Expert

Yep. I was playing yesterday when I heard a revive sound, followed by an Octane walking around. Sounded so close they should have been right next to me, yet I could not see them at all. I suppose it could have been a Mirage reviving the Octane, but it was impossible to tell where they were by sound (and I have a very decent headset). The Octane then popped up behind me and downed me.

Message 5 of 11 (299 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I just had a game where we dropped at the Rift, we were looting the upper buildings and it sounded that players were next to us (couldn't tell the direction at all) and then we saw them looting 30m bellow us. I have a good headset and it worked perfectly fine last season, I could tell teh exact position of the enemy, but now it's just unplayable.

Message 6 of 11 (294 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Axs5626Sxa5001 Best season is Preseason Apex, change my mind!
Message 7 of 11 (274 Views)

Champion
@Axs5626Sxa5001 Just to clear this up....idk if people could explain it better/more clearly but is it basically that every season more and more sounds get added so there's never really a good balance or what?

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 11 (268 Views)

@Axs5626Sxa5001 Well, we know they are working on it. I'm sure patches to the audio will roll out as they produce them. Hopefully we'll see steady improvements in it over the course of the season.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 11 (262 Views)

★★ Guide

@GH0STEDbyME wrote:
@Axs5626Sxa5001Just to clear this up....idk if people could explain it better/more clearly but is it basically that every season more and more sounds get added so there's never really a good balance or what?

My guess is that they wanted to fix the "no sound" issues that happened sometimes, but now they killed the whole positional audio and you just can't tell where the footsteps are coming from, even the distance is unclear now.

Message 10 of 11 (258 Views)