Sound in this game is terrible

by SethCurry

Original Post

Sound in this game is terrible

★★★★★ Guide

Literally cant hear any footsteps or people coming towards you , “ wE dONt pLaN oN mAkInG DaiLeY UpDaTeS” ye good luck with that if think your games gonna last long with this lazy sense of work ethic ... And also stop making new people be jump masters or only allow people who buy season pass to be jump master 

Message 1 of 11 (458 Views)

Re: Sound in this game is terrible

★★★★★ Apprentice

lol

Message 2 of 11 (452 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@SethCurry wrote:

Literally cant hear any footsteps or people coming towards you , “ wE dONt pLaN oN mAkInG DaiLeY UpDaTeS” ye good luck with that if think your games gonna last long with this lazy sense of work ethic ... And also stop making new people be jump masters or only allow people who buy season pass to be jump master 

@Uncl3Psych0 wrote:

lol

He's actually right.  Sound is bad in the game, still have enemy sneaking up on me with no footsteps, got all the unnecessary in game dialogue making * tons of noise in your year and you can't hear people running up on you.  I could care less the champon was downed or if their is a new kill leader. 

Plus gun shot sound travel way too far in this game,. 

Message 3 of 11 (436 Views)

★★★ Guide

my in game voice volume  is 1% since game opened :D but still sounds are terible healing noice is louder than gun shots :D

Message 4 of 11 (412 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@unferth wrote:

@SethCurry wrote:

@Uncl3Psych0 wrote:

lol

He's actually right.  Sound is bad in the game, still have enemy sneaking up on me with no footsteps, got all the unnecessary in game dialogue making * tons of noise in your year and you can't hear people running up on you.  I could care less the champon was downed or if their is a new kill leader. 

Plus gun shot sound travel way too far in this game,. 

Yes please!

Remove the ingame dialogue!

Message 5 of 11 (407 Views)

★★★ Expert

I literally had only 1 occasion of missing footsteps where I was sure that player was running, since he ran through the doorway I was looking at downtown at skulltown while I sat inside popping a medkit, I didn't hear him untill the moment he was in the doorway, already running.

All other times, I was flanked or shot from behind, so they may very well have sneaked to avoid alerting you, I do it all the time, as well as everyone who's decent at FPS games.

Message 6 of 11 (375 Views)

★ Guide

@SethCurry wrote:

I can hear footsteps. Maybe it's your pc/console?  The jump masters are done at random, which is fine for me. Plus you have a ping system in place so you can tell people where you want to go. Plus plus you don't have to follow the jump master, that's your choice.

Message 7 of 11 (368 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@ajharris21 your right you can hear foot steps. But turn rotate your character when you do, they will disappear. you can basically only hear foot steps from the side of your character. not from front or rear
Message 8 of 11 (362 Views)

★ Guide

@Huntnwabits wrote:
@ajharris21your right you can hear foot steps. But turn rotate your character when you do, they will disappear. you can basically only hear foot steps from the side of your character. not from front or rear

I can't say I've notice that at all but I'll look out for it 

Message 9 of 11 (356 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Huntnwabits wrote:
@ajharris21your right you can hear foot steps. But turn rotate your character when you do, they will disappear. you can basically only hear foot steps from the side of your character. not from front or rear

I've noticed an improvement to the footsteps but still miss them now and again.

Your comment has made me think, as of  the last patch, it may be the footsteps from behind I'm missing sometimes.

I'm going to rewatch a recording of a win from lastnight where a Gibraltar caught me off guard from behind. I'm sure I heard him though. I'll check.

Message 10 of 11 (339 Views)