Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Sorry BioWare, but loot still sucks.

by SuperLlamaMan

Original Post

Sorry BioWare, but loot still sucks.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have played for 1 to 2 hours this morning, after the patch. I have done contract after contract. I’m still getting whites, and haven’t had 1 Masterwork. It’s all well and good saying masterwork inscriptions will be aligned to the gear, but if I’m not getting any, it doesn’t matter. 

‘You are supposed to be stimulating the pleasure centre of the brain, by giving us little gifts. What you are actually doing is constantly stimulating the disappointment centre. 

‘I think the Masterwork and Epic drops should be split into 2 subgroups each(backend only, and is transparent to the player) One group has all inscriptions available, and one with new focused inscriptions. The focused group of masterworks drop at current rate, and the masterworks with all inscriptions drop at a much increased rate. This way we get more loot drops, but the gear with better inscriptions still only drops infrequently. You then give us the pleasure of opening a decent gear drop, but don’t over saturate with god rolls. 

‘The current situation is not great. This game could be fantastic, and I praise you for the constant flow of updates. But just because you make a change, doesn’t always make it the right change. Or enough. 

Message 1 of 17 (771 Views)

Re: Sorry BioWare, but loot still sucks.

★★★★ Novice

They haven't implemented the patch that removes green's and white's from level 30 drop tables yet.

As for the quantity, ran a legendary contract and got 4 masterwork items. The one after that i got my first legendary. 

RNG is RNG dude...

Message 2 of 17 (756 Views)

★ Apprentice

Are you level 30?

Message 3 of 17 (750 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Haven't read all, but FYI the first line in the posts is the patch notes. Loot patch still not out, coming today. That's why still loot sucks.

Message 4 of 17 (747 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Didn't got any masterwork too this morning but crafted a Divine Vengeance with 100% dmg :D

This gun packs a punch ^^

Lets hope when they remove the low drops we get better stuff 

Message 5 of 17 (742 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Greydog_hun wrote:

Haven't read all, but FYI the first line in the posts is the patch notes. Loot patch still not out, coming today. That's why still loot sucks.

Loot patch is already out at least in ASIA. The only thing that is not released is the removal of white and green from grandmaster difficulties

Edit: I mean the inscription fix

Message 6 of 17 (737 Views)

★ Guide

"Loot changes are live! We had issues stopping uncommon and common drops at level 30 so that will come later. We didn't want to hold the rest of the changes for that."

Message 7 of 17 (736 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Wouldn't make sense in a looter game to get good loot all the time :D

Where is the fun in that.

Message 8 of 17 (703 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I’m level 30, with 4 javalins between 450 and 490. I have 75 hours in the game. 

Taking whites  and greens out of the equation(Thanks for updating me in this omission from patch), The rest of my post still stands. I appreciate that occasionally you can get 3-4 drops, but that’s really rare. Congratulations! But for the rest of us mere mortals with bad Rng, it’s still a very disappointing process. 

Message 9 of 17 (697 Views)

★★ Guide
Level 27 here, but I got several masterworks in freeplay... I am still quite pleased with the loot rewards.
Message 10 of 17 (649 Views)
Twitter Stream