Re: Soooo...How's the new season?

by hayhor

Original Post

★★ Expert

OMG. It's in the trash crafter mechanic. Why?

#whyisthetrashcrafterstillinpubs

Message 11 of 71 (381 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@ExpertEpic99
Only played 20 games, the ground loot looks and feels more rich
Vantage looked super OP in the trailer, was worried about her but not anymore, she's quite average if not a bit below average.

Laser sights, I thought it will completely replace barrel stabilizers, but it only works with 4 SMG's

KC map changes for me are mediocre
EVA-8 buff is going to be a problem
Extremely happy that the volt is floor gun again

But I am moving on, despite the changes I don't really feel anything has changed
Message 12 of 71 (373 Views)

★★ Expert

And why is ring 1 closing so fast all of a sudden? This don't sit well when Respawn wants me to traverse about a POI collecting materials so I can craft a 2x, and suddenly I am engulfed in ring 1, having to stroll across half the map to get out of it. And I take more damage from it? Come on now, Respawn.

Message 13 of 71 (366 Views)

Champion
@CCbathwater I have yet to play but I think the ring closing faster is to promote faster rotations. Maybe even promote less hot dropping as you'll be dead to ring by the time you kill the 8 teams you landed with.
Message 14 of 71 (350 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Full of pre-made smurfs which mains are Master or TOP750.
Everything in Gold.
Played for 4 hours got like 1 kill and everytime deid first fight which was always against pre-made teams arround lvl 200...

I think I won one match just by luck that noone pushed us,

I played with team of Caustic and Crypto, probably pre-made duo.

We were just 3rd partying finishing last ones that left after fights.

It should get better in week or two, but then I will get into Diamond 4 like in S13 and this starts again so I will end up with playing other games like I did in S13 Diamond.

I feel liek there is no place for solo players when season starts.

Message 15 of 71 (347 Views)

★★ Expert
@hayhor But... how? As landing edge POI's doesn't give you time to do much before you have to run, if you're unlucky with next zone, that is. I almost feel forced, as Lifeline, to land centre map now. Not Bunker though, will never land there.
I doubt hot-droppers will care. They'll just leave and queue up again.
Message 16 of 71 (340 Views)

★ Expert

Mixed first impressions.

The loot feels cluttered, muscle memory is still picking up heavy amo-mags for Spitty-Wing Ding.

Laser attachment is not needed, complete waste of the loot pool, and they’re everywhere.

KC feels off visually, textures are bad, and they went way too heavy on the lighting.

Vantage is really fun to play.

G7/Volt are so damn amazing!

KC map changes are welcomed.

But most importantly, first ring damage and time before closing is a really stupid move, from 3 mins to 60 seconds is too much of a drastic change, if the ring ends up hard pulling, and I’m on the opposite, I’m ending up using too many heals to get back into circle. This doesn’t help when they removed numerous jump towers.

Message 17 of 71 (327 Views)

Champion
@CCbathwater Do you mean how as in the hotdropping? As I said, you will be punished for it because you won't even be done fighting before the ring starts to close. So you people should land in less contested areas, loot fast and then move. The issue is as you mention, edge droppers also need to move faster.

This change is probably great for stormpoint but KC it's likely brutal due to the small map.
Message 18 of 71 (316 Views)

[ Edited ]

@hayhor 

Where are most of the Hot drop locations, oh yeah pretty central so the ring does not change that and well the hot droppers will change to a more central local otherwise.

Edge dropping was and is great for actually avoiding the congested hot dropping areas and encouraged tactical play, now the new ring mechanic is removing the edge drop and forcing more central and congested/contested drops.

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 19 of 71 (307 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Gabrielmojo26 I didn't know the 1st ring will be so fast. I die in the 1st ring with not enough heals(1st game after downloads). The balloons are so far or none. Rampart can jump fly like Newcastle? Or a bug?
I guess everyone will be dropping closely.
Wow...then the match will be over faster than before?
Message 20 of 71 (303 Views)