Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Sony Customer Service: "Huge Patch Out Today, Sir." Denies Refund on PS4.

by bulletw1st

Original Post

Highlighted

Sony Customer Service: "Huge Patch Out Today, Sir." Denies Refund on PS4.

★★★★ Guide

"Wait to see what today's huge patch does to address your issue, sir."  ~ Sony Customer Service, today.

A HUGE RANT FOLLOWS WHICH SHOULD GET ME BANNED FROM THIS FORUM.  EA'S GETTING UGLY, THOUGH.  I DON'T WANT TO COME HERE, ANYMORE.  (And I will try to not let the door... etc.) 

Sony hasn't been updated about the fact that the most recent patch dropped days ago (the 9th).  Furthermore, there is no word from EA or BioWare regarding the unplayable condition of Anthem on PS4.  Especially when engaged in co-op with the sound-stutter, massive framerate drops, jitter and all the lag that results from this (all tied to a sound bug within the Frostbite engine).  This doesn't include the broken systems which still plague the game.  We have no idea if or when this will be fixed.  I now doubt that it will ever be fixed because Frostbite is obsolete for this environment. The fact that BioWare is ignoring the things causing Anthem on PS4 to be unplayable is frightening.  They're pretending like these issues don't exist--just read their propaganda on Twitter.  They're protecting EA as well as themselves knowing that they don't have the necessary resources to actually correct the problems (and they're calling to us for help!)----> "Frostbite:  It's in the game!" This will become increasingly more obvious with each passing week.  Stick around and see!  This kind of "fixing" is insanely expensive.  It's clear, I think, that this is not on the table.  And never was.  You can't "patch" this.  And that's at the heart of the problem, the scandal, which will undoubtedly escalate as they continue to not beat but patch this dead horse.

BioWare is in the process of asking the community for help detecting the issues because that's our job.  We paid to beta test the game for "a few months" after release (we might as well, not like there's anything else to do with it, right?).  Is this not a delay tactic?  A way of distracting us from discovering what's actually going on in the background?   It feels like EA and BioWare are laughing at us.  Why can't they just admit that there's too much wrong with the game to be patched?  They knew.  They lied.  They sold the game.  They just don't want to be held accountable for the mess that they got themselves into.

Sony says that until EA comes straight out and admits to the public that they cannot fix the game (hence refunds become necessary and warranted), they don't have to do anything.  Nothing.  No protection for customers whatsoever.  As far as Sony is concerned you agreed to get ripped off at time of purchase because that's the current state of the industry--live with it.  Or, that's at least how their rules have been written.

Is this a joke??  SO... don't play the game which you paid for, test it instead and file reports.  If you want to play a game that's not broken, do the work!  Then we'll decide what we will do or not do based on what will best protect the publisher (because that's BioWare's first priority).  BioWare needs to start talking and telling us how bad things really are because it will all become public regardless.  Will Sony issue refunds 4 months from now?  Will Anthem be amazing in 4 months on PS4?  What if it isn't?  What does that mean?  Is no one worried or concerned?  Is it EA's plan just to let Anthem be forgotten?  Then try this all again when they feel it's safe?  From what we got at launch, they probably still made money.  Am I the bad guy, here? 

Or is it this guy----->
EA_Cade.png

How did we get here?  Right here, in this moment?  Lastly, I don't honestly see how EA can have any problems with anything I wrote here (despite that they definitely will, of course).  At this point, the forum should be taken down.  The moment EA_Cade made this post the integrity of this entire forum has been made suspect by EA themselves.  Instead of explanations they want us covering up the crime??  Really?  It wouldn't be a crime if BioWare came clean.  Why does EA have such influence over a developer that that developer has to fall into a pit of deplorable conduct?  Tell Sony to refund anyone who wants a refund for Anthem.  Do some good.  Let some good happen, now.  Be better than this.  Don't drag customers through this.  We don't deserve to be treated so inhumanely.  And just imagine how wealthy those at the top of the EA food chain are?  How detached that they are from the repercussions of their actions...  without us where would all that wealth come from?  What's happened to these "publishers"?  Why are these people such anti-video games? 

And what's next?  BioWare's next title: "Make It Yourselves! THE GAME"  ~You learn to use the Frostbite Engine.  We'll watch and even play it if it's good!  Definition of a win-win!

Message 1 of 8 (336 Views)

Re: Sony Customer Service: "Huge Patch Out Today, Sir." Denies Refund

★★★★★ Novice

@bulletw1st  Tell Nancy Pelosi maybe shes a huge gamer.

Message 2 of 8 (309 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I can totally understand being frustrated with the issues on PS4. Though getting on them for asking for help in identifying problems seems odd to me. You’d rather they didn’t want to fix the problems. Yeah, yeah, beta testers, I get that, but isn’t the goal to get things fixed, regardless of how?

Message 3 of 8 (294 Views)

★ Guide
Two things I feel:

Op's opinion is shared by many, but is blaming EA etc for Sony etc blah blah blah

And another part of me is wondering if Apex was dropped (and is a massive success) at the same time for this very reason. I dunno, I am just getting suspicious I suppose...
Message 4 of 8 (266 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Not a PS4 player, but I've been experiencing these issues on PC, and after the latest patch so are my friends.

It feels like Bioware is trying to distance themselves from these forums and from EA, considering all the focus on Reddit and Twitter and total absence on the official forum.

Even the "Known Issues" thread hasn't been updated since the last beta.

Looking from the outside in, it looks like EA wanted Bioware to use Frostbite to save money, and as a result they struggled to make a viable game. Then EA asked them to scrap all non-essential projects within the game to get the core mostly playable for "launch," including the striders, player housing, seamless open world, and field equipping. If this is indeed the case, I can't say that I blame them.

Message 5 of 8 (200 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

having seen enuff bugs in anthem to fill a mid sized city and the fact i trust ea as much as every one else ya this wouldn't suprise me any

Message 6 of 8 (176 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Frostbite runs fine on Xbox One X. No issues here...

Message 7 of 8 (150 Views)

★★ Guide

@bulletw1st wrote:

"Wait to see what today's huge patch does to address your issue, sir."  ~ Sony Customer Service, today.

A HUGE RANT FOLLOWS WHICH SHOULD GET ME BANNED FROM THIS FORUM.  EA'S GETTING UGLY, THOUGH.  I DON'T WANT TO COME HERE, ANYMORE.  (And I will try to not let the door... etc.) 

Sony hasn't been updated about the fact that the most recent patch dropped days ago (the 9th).  Furthermore, there is no word from EA or BioWare regarding the unplayable condition of Anthem on PS4.  Especially when engaged in co-op with the sound-stutter, massive framerate drops, jitter and all the lag that results from this (all tied to a sound bug within the Frostbite engine).  This doesn't include the broken systems which still plague the game.  We have no idea if or when this will be fixed.  I now doubt that it will ever be fixed because Frostbite is obsolete for this environment. The fact that BioWare is ignoring the things causing Anthem on PS4 to be unplayable is frightening.  They're pretending like these issues don't exist--just read their propaganda on Twitter.  They're protecting EA as well as themselves knowing that they don't have the necessary resources to actually correct the problems (and they're calling to us for help!)----> "Frostbite:  It's in the game!" This will become increasingly more obvious with each passing week.  Stick around and see!  This kind of "fixing" is insanely expensive.  It's clear, I think, that this is not on the table.  And never was.  You can't "patch" this.  And that's at the heart of the problem, the scandal, which will undoubtedly escalate as they continue to not beat but patch this dead horse.

BioWare is in the process of asking the community for help detecting the issues because that's our job.  We paid to beta test the game for "a few months" after release (we might as well, not like there's anything else to do with it, right?).  Is this not a delay tactic?  A way of distracting us from discovering what's actually going on in the background?   It feels like EA and BioWare are laughing at us.  Why can't they just admit that there's too much wrong with the game to be patched?  They knew.  They lied.  They sold the game.  They just don't want to be held accountable for the mess that they got themselves into.

Sony says that until EA comes straight out and admits to the public that they cannot fix the game (hence refunds become necessary and warranted), they don't have to do anything.  Nothing.  No protection for customers whatsoever.  As far as Sony is concerned you agreed to get ripped off at time of purchase because that's the current state of the industry--live with it.  Or, that's at least how their rules have been written.

Is this a joke??  SO... don't play the game which you paid for, test it instead and file reports.  If you want to play a game that's not broken, do the work!  Then we'll decide what we will do or not do based on what will best protect the publisher (because that's BioWare's first priority).  BioWare needs to start talking and telling us how bad things really are because it will all become public regardless.  Will Sony issue refunds 4 months from now?  Will Anthem be amazing in 4 months on PS4?  What if it isn't?  What does that mean?  Is no one worried or concerned?  Is it EA's plan just to let Anthem be forgotten?  Then try this all again when they feel it's safe?  From what we got at launch, they probably still made money.  Am I the bad guy, here? 

Or is it this guy----->
EA_Cade.png

How did we get here?  Right here, in this moment?  Lastly, I don't honestly see how EA can have any problems with anything I wrote here (despite that they definitely will, of course).  At this point, the forum should be taken down.  The moment EA_Cade made this post the integrity of this entire forum has been made suspect by EA themselves.  Instead of explanations they want us covering up the crime??  Really?  It wouldn't be a crime if BioWare came clean.  Why does EA have such influence over a developer that that developer has to fall into a pit of deplorable conduct?  Tell Sony to refund anyone who wants a refund for Anthem.  Do some good.  Let some good happen, now.  Be better than this.  Don't drag customers through this.  We don't deserve to be treated so inhumanely.  And just imagine how wealthy those at the top of the EA food chain are?  How detached that they are from the repercussions of their actions...  without us where would all that wealth come from?  What's happened to these "publishers"?  Why are these people such anti-video games? 

And what's next?  BioWare's next title: "Make It Yourselves! THE GAME"  ~You learn to use the Frostbite Engine.  We'll watch and even play it if it's good!  Definition of a win-win!

I know its not what you rly want to hear, but these current issues can be fixed if you give it enough time, dont get me wrong i would be the 1st to agree that this game has released in a horrible state and should be labeld early access but alas it is what it is at this point...i get your frustration i am just as dissapointed as the next guy...but here is to hoping a little patience will pay off....they basicly need to continue itterating on the frostbite engine and it will take more time than they will ever be willing to admit. But as someone that understands how engines work a little i can asure you that us within the realm of possibility to get the engine stable, it just wont happen in a few days....

Message 8 of 8 (114 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help