Re: Something wrong with knockdown shields?

by jTiKey

Original Post

Something wrong with knockdown shields?

★ Expert

Is it just me or are some people shooting through knockdown shields? I had suspicions when people were managing to finish me off by just sticking their gun through my shield but I brushed it off as maybe it was always like that. Then some people were managing to shoot through my shield by strafing around and I just assumed I had latency issues or they managed to time it properly. Last game on the other hand a Gibraltar just killed me in 1 shot with a mastiff through my purple knockdown shield. So I'm wondering are people experiencing this too or is it just me?

Message 1 of 7 (852 Views)

Rif.: Something wrong with knockdown shields?

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

Everything is bugged in this game lol. 

Back on the topic, yea that's a S4 bug still not fixed( guess you're not surprised), probably it will never be fixed as the other problems.

Message 2 of 7 (818 Views)

★★★ Expert

I don't notice anything particularly wrong with them.  Knockdown shields are just mostly worthless.

They're sort of troll loot too, when you get supply pack drops.  Short of a gold shield, that is.  Love when you open a supply drop and there's like 2 purple knockdown shields and a shield battery in there :P

Message 3 of 7 (814 Views)

★ Expert

@KelRiever I actually disagree. If you have a blue+ knockdown shield it can be really useful. The enemy wants to finish you but they can't waste time killing you because they're in the middle of a fight so you can still be saved, or when you get knocked down by a sniper you can crawl behind cover safely because you can protect yourself. But most important thing is when you cover your teammate. He can get behind the knockdown shield and heal himself while the enemy can't hit him. Trust me sometimes it can really change the outcome of a gunfight. 

Message 4 of 7 (802 Views)

Rif.: Something wrong with knockdown shields?

★ Expert
@Cro_Pittt ohh I thought it was a new bug cause it's been happening to me a lot lately. lol
Message 5 of 7 (741 Views)

★ Expert
@Cro_Pittt I agree it's really usefull. Most of the time I use my shield to stop people from finishing me off while giving my teammates an idea where the enemy is so they can kill him.
Message 6 of 7 (740 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The lag happends, and it's pretty useless upclose/

Message 7 of 7 (715 Views)