Re: Something is seriously wrong with Ranked in S3

by expl0z1v

Original Post

Something is seriously wrong with Ranked in S3

★★★ Expert

So I cannot help but notice a that season 3 is different from S2 in Plat.

Nearly every single game, I get team mates who pick Mirage, or other non meta legends with no use or utility for team play. 

Players who are objectively some of the worst players ive ever seen in this game. I don't know if this is just them getting carried often, or the multitude of ways ranked system is being abused, but this season, any attempt to actually rank up queing solo is guaranteed to end with you losing rating.

I'm starting to think that S3 is irredeemable.

What the hell is going on? How am I being teamed up with the worst players, with the most pathetic badges in Platinum while still facing more than a few squads who seem to fit in the bracket.

It seems i'm check mate here, can't play with randoms, can't play alone either. Game over, literally.

Message 1 of 14 (1,308 Views)

★ Guide

I know right, solo que is a pain. At this point i made it till Platinum I, almost diamond.

But damn, the skill range in Platinum is terrible.

I had team mates with Rank 24  like 80 kills, Platinum III. HOW? WHY?

Get the F out of ranked beeing boosted.

Message 2 of 14 (1,258 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Same players are also your enemies. If you can't beat them, then maybe they're not as bad as you think them to be.

Also, I thought you said you were already diamond XD Liar.

P.S. To me, solo/duo queue in platinum was A LOT easier than 3-man queue (unless I manage to get some really tryhard 3-man, which I didn't have that much luck this season (well I didn't stay that long in plat)). Unless your server has really few players in plat, you should generally not be facing 3-man teams in solo games.

To rise in s3, you really need to get those kills (I found that it's still hard to get assists, so just get the kills). Otherwise you need top4 to not lose points... I used to go outskirts and sneak in last season, since it was best and by far the most time-efficient tactic. This season, I found it best to land the most contested big building in capitol city (I started with a small building, but then I realised I can just fight for the good loot building, so changed to that and got out of plat quickly after). I also like train yard when it's hotzone and sorting facility when it's not far from the plane.

P.P.S. If things go really badly at start, run away and hide to top4 (I guess that's one of the reasons why I like octane the most nowadays XD).

Message 3 of 14 (1,238 Views)

★★★ Expert

@expl0z1v  yeah a lot of players hard stuck at Plat IV with no points gained need to just demote back down.

@Biochemikas no I think you confused me with somebody else probably. I was Diamond last season, and I said I didn't play ranked at the start of S3 to get to know the new map first, and where all the good lootspawns are in each location, i've only decided to start playing ranked for about a week now.

Message 4 of 14 (1,186 Views)

★ Pro
@Wingmannedbro Well you still need time to adjust to the new scoring system then (you really need at least 1-2 kills every game, if you want to progress at any reasonable pace). As for solo queue - your enemies are the same as your teammates, so really no reason to worry too much that "teammates are dragging you down".
Message 5 of 14 (1,168 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Biochemikas wrote:
@WingmannedbroWell you still need time to adjust to the new scoring system then (you really need at least 1-2 kills every game, if you want to progress at any reasonable pace). As for solo queue - your enemies are the same as your teammates, so really no reason to worry too much that "teammates are dragging you down".

Premades are mixed with solo que squads.

The solo que squads are pretty much food for premades in every lobby.

I don't think you understand the state of the game.

Message 6 of 14 (1,147 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

From the looks of things it's pretty easy to only have games where your RP just keeps going up and up. I wouldn't look at ranks in a BR as a reliable measurement of skill. Team or no team.

I'm sticking with casual literally because it has a better mix of action. People get the notion that unranked is a 1:1 synonym for bad. The reality is that good players can often get away with ballsier moves and still encounter other pubstompers. You aren't focused on RP and have no reason to be disappointed when the system repeatedly defies your expectation to have a balanced game.

Most games that try to measure skill accurately, they will give you a number of placement matches before deciding where you're supposed to be. And the adjustments you receive to your ratings are often based off the rating of the opponents you face. It's not supposed to be a grind from bronze where you get a fixed amount of points for hitting the same rigid milestones each game. Ranks in this game are a wonky measurement of play time at best.

Message 7 of 14 (1,122 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@cooperal1012 Theres a huge difference between ranked and casual lol and its humongous Unranked feels so easy and i can just relax while in ranked you have to be constantly aware of your surroundings and man the sweaty game play literally makes you have to take a break ... Unranked to me is training wheels
Message 8 of 14 (1,102 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Didn't even know this game had a meta. I just pick Lifeline every game 

Message 9 of 14 (1,100 Views)

★★★ Expert

So I got qued with a streamer who I now have on tape being a fake platinum player.

I have a post up on reddit with the clip

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/dol2dt/pov_from_a_fake_plat_player_im_the_wraith_rank/

I'm the Wraith in that clip who just floored a whole squad solo doing the classic door play.

Bloodhound is also a fake plat, who kept getting shot down, and never took cover. (I revived him countless times in that game) and my other team mate is that pathfinder.

Who literally hides untill I killed the full squad, and then comes out once it's safe to steal all the goodies from the boxes while I'm healing and rezzing bloodhound again.

How is any Season 2 Diamond player supposed to climb back to Diamond when you get those 2 clown in your squad so incredibly often.

Any gains are always lost to bad players who SHOULD just be demoted back to Gold and Silver league.

Message 10 of 14 (1,058 Views)