Something is off...

by ColbyJames27

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Something is off...

★★★ Newbie

Apex Legends. I'm relatively new to it but, not new to FPS games in general. I want to believe, when I play a game, that the cheaters and script kiddies (NOT hackers. The people you all call hackers are not hackers. In fact calling these people hackers is an insult to actual hackers...I digress) are kept to a minimum. Well, not any more. Not in Apex. In fact, I believe that 90% of the players that use that damn pistol (wingman), are script kiddie, aimbot losers. Why?

Like I said I am not new to games. I do realise some weapons are more powerful than others. Pistols in particular are typically harder to use but, have a little extra stopping power. But this Wingman? It has amazing powers. Pow, pow....down. That's it. Pow, pow. Nothing matters. My shields, my movement, my angle of attack or retreat. If I am being shot at by this weapon I am finished. I might as well be a frozen target, glowing in the mid day sun with a neon sign above me flashing my location at all times.

Not just this gun either. Almost any of the single fire weapons. The players that use these weapons have inhuman aim mechanics, and enemy movement prediction skills that bewilder the mind. I have used the wingman. Many times. Even practice with it in the range. It does me no good in-game.

It has me wondering if I should continue playing this game (which I feel I must because I have invested financially in the company). It really does. I regret giving EA any money because my fun is gone. The spam and over-use of this weapon has ruined Apex Legends for me. I am sick of being fodder for Wingman users. It doesn't drive me to get better with that gun, it doesn't make me want to try harder and be better than those people. It makes me want to break stuff. Because no matter what I have tried to do (change how I play and maneuver, use different weapons, and tactics, use cover more effectively) the result is the same. Pow, pow...down.

I'm serious. Its sickening. I am not looking for pity or to be pandered to or be given some advise or told the ever popular idiotic statement "get good". I am good. That's not the problem. I know there are very great gamers in the world, and there will always be those that blow the mind with skill. But not every other player on earth is automatically, absolutely amazing with the use of one gun. It seems that way though. Really odd.

So, either the cheating is Apex is utterly rampant, or 1 in 3 players that put more than 10 hours into Apex is absolute beast with the Wingman, and can down a fully armored 3 person team with 1, maybe two reloads, while the rest of their team is still looting. Just happened this morning to me, and my team. One person, Wingman, done. Sickening.

What's to be done? Nerf the damn gun. Make it do 3 more damage than a Hemlock on single fire or something. The accuracy should be absolute crap when the person using it is bunny-hopping around, strafing like mad, and jumping around or even moving at all....ITS A PISTOL. I know realistic isn't the focus here but, really? A pistol shouldn't be a nuclear bomb. Put it in care packages or reduce its spawn rate....something.....anything.

I have seriously considered paying a hacker (a real one) for one of his miracle cures. No that is not a threat. That is a statement of my observation of the state of the game. At this point I don't care about being banned. I'm sick of not being able to enjoy the game I helped support. I am not focused on wins or kd/r or stats. A nice balance of those is cool. Losing to the Wingman every damn game is not cool.

In closing. They are script kiddies, not hackers. Please stop boosting their ego by calling them hackers. They aren't. They downloaded a file from the person that made that file (a hacker).

End Rant....

Message 1 of 2 (174 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Something is off...

Community Manager

Hey @ColbyJames27 if you are in game and suspect a user of cheating then please report them by following the steps in this link: https://help.ea.com/en-tr/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

We take all reports very seriously and will fully investigate.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (133 Views)

All Replies

Re: Something is off...

Community Manager

Hey @ColbyJames27 if you are in game and suspect a user of cheating then please report them by following the steps in this link: https://help.ea.com/en-tr/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

We take all reports very seriously and will fully investigate.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (134 Views)