Something about new players!

by DeathKorpKrieger

Original Post

Something about new players!

★★★★ Novice

Just wanted to share this for new players like me, it's a 3 player BR after all: STOP leaving early and have PATIENCE. After 50 games, i feel like i start to improve in combat and the game in general. Think that sometimes you have to retreat, flank or help teammates with your abilities. It's way different than the other BRs. Also started to appreciate shotguns!

- We decide to drop somewhere, you end up dropping alone without much skill to hold your own. Then when i try to reach and grab that banner, you disconnect...

Have some patience!!

-You see that you'll be getting outflanked, leave. NOPE, dead! Insta disconnection.

-I'm not that good at sniping, especially here where enemies are much more durable with shields and stuff, so i'll prolably give my gun to someone who can shoot better. Won't come here in forums and call the weapons nerf guns cause i'm just bad with them.

-Communicate more.

Anyway the game is great so far! Standard smile

Message 1 of 12 (851 Views)

Re: Something about new players!

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

It's the only one that has a repsawn and recover system. People come over from other BR games and instantly think "Ok OI'm dead, on to the next one" out of habbit. Give it a while and people will start to stick around after death more often, especially once they realise if that one player left alive survives for as long as they can it counts for everybody.

And yeah, Shotguns are pretty beast in this game. All of the weapons are pretty well balanced to be honest with you but a shotty is the go to first drop weapon to keep yourself alive until you grab better gear.

Message 2 of 12 (806 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well said, indeed ! First i was like "Well, sniper rifle and long scope, avoid smg and shotguns (Ring of Elysium - PUBG style)." Got devastated, plus it should be only a few times where my team engaged in long range combat that lasted minutes. Game is fast paced, gets close and personal quickly!

Message 3 of 12 (776 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

It really does. One of my favourite loadouts is Prowler SMG paired up with the G7 Scout.

Prowler SMG is ridiculous for close range ( though nothing will be as reliable as the shotty for up close and personal) if you have the hopup for it (Select fire) and can throw it on full auto and the G7 is great for mid distance firefights because of its stupid good accuracy. Wouldn't reccomend throwing a sniper scope on it though. It says "Sniper" on the weapon but it's most deffinately not good for sniping

Message 4 of 12 (765 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

What bothers me most is that teammates dont communicate and take away every item im trying to read what it is.  

after 30-40 games i still have no clue about items/weapons....and thats cus im walking empty handed for the first 10minutes.   

Today i tried about 10 matches and i just give up on this game.  People are so selffish 

Message 5 of 12 (736 Views)

★★★★ Novice

True! Would be nice if we could also see some details for weapon stats in the future.

Message 6 of 12 (733 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Message 7 of 12 (717 Views)

★★★ Guide

it already happened twice now, that one guy instantly quit once he was down (after running off on his own), even we other both won at the end :D

Sadly most people forget about the comeback mechanic because it isn´t explained long enough in the tutorial, just for some seconds.

The most rewarding wins are actually those, when you have a team where everyone knows about that mechanic and appreciate it.

Had an Epic win just yesterday with randoms without mic.

Round 3, both teammates are dead, but i managed to loot both of them before i retreated through the void as wraith.

I couldn´t revive them until round 5 because at every respawner there was a full team around and it was too risky to try it (we played save so much as we could, even having 12 squadkills at the end).

The last respawner was luckily at the border of the circle and the other 2 squads were fighting each other.... i took the chance and got there through the void, respawned both of them (luckily they weren´t afk), dropped my second weapon+ammo+phoenix for our bloodhound since i had a full epic prowler+choke.

Our guy without weapon (a pathfinder) started to distract them with his hook just running and jumping around like a headless chicken... both teams, which had stopped fighting each other to heal themselves and lost track of their opponents, tried both to attack him while we other 2 killed 1 squad and 1 player of the second one.

The last 2 guys got realy desperate and tried to rush us on our hill... but one got punched to the death and the other guy just got sandwiched (thx to bloodhounds ability).

These type of comebacks are EPIC... and Apex is the only game where such things are possible and it´s so much fun... and that´s why it there should be an explaination on every loadingscreen straight into the face of new players and not only the short tutorial.

Message 8 of 12 (681 Views)

★ Novice
I leave if my teammate is on the other side of the map when I die or a whole squad kills me as soon as I drop (rage quit - not ashamed to say it). What is worse is when your teammate decides to run a good distance and has a fit because you aren't coming to their aid. Sorry, but the mode is squads not 'solo until you are downed'.

Gotta agree on the G7 with anything higher than a 2x, it's terrible except maybe a good stabilizer. I rock the G7 with a Spitfire - Perfect loadout.The Devotion though, that gun suuuuuuucks. Recoil is ridiculous.
Message 9 of 12 (618 Views)

★ Guide
And the spinup without the turbocharger means insta-death
Message 10 of 12 (606 Views)