Re: Some well deserved rest...

by Koochi-Q

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert
@maximas1986 Now we’re speaking the same language xD What kind of box are we talking about tho?!
Message 31 of 40 (388 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@OldTreeCreeper Breath it innnnnnn
Message 32 of 40 (382 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex I think you're speaking a tad too highly of me 😅😅😅. I'm decent. I think my main strength is I can play with any Legend & handle most of the weapons.
Message 33 of 40 (371 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Lord_Scorpion34So you hit the trifecta. Modest, all rounder with legends & expert with multiple weapons. What more do you want?! xD

Heck, my randoms certainly don’t fit the last 2 bills & dunno about their modesty since I almost never hear them

Message 34 of 40 (363 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Koochi-Q right now I wanna be able to crawl out of Plat 4 😂😂😂
Message 35 of 40 (349 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Lord_Scorpion34 It was rhetoric! Hmmm plat 4 eh... the hardest of all the mid placements as you get the idiots from gold and the out-of-their-league plats whom don’t care about placing anymore... I wish thee good luck or a teammate. Go play with darth or one of the others until you’re at least out of 4 xD
Message 36 of 40 (336 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Koochi-Q Yeah it's def been a struggle lol. I've played with Darth but we did pubs cuz I think he was silver.
Message 37 of 40 (327 Views)

★★★ Pro

@DarthValtrex @maximas1986 @Lord_Scorpion34 @Koochi-Q 

Really interesting, the reason I haven't pushed for Master is just literally down to how stressful I found trying to get out of Plat. It genuinely took me a good 10 days to actually make some traction to get out of 4 then to 3 and then I was stuck again. 

What I have also noticed is that the Diamond 4 lobbies seem normal, but as soon as you get to Diamond 3 you end up in games with Masters' and Preds which I don't quite understand. 

I also found that I started to lose more 1-1 engagements, there was actually someone on the forums who asked me to get some clips together for him and I did but I have completely forgotten his name so I haven't been able to make the post to him. 

The thing is with ranked, it really shows how 'team oriented' this game actually is, I don't care how good you are running in one on two or one on three or just having any kind of out number puts you incredibly at risk and can lead to your whole squad being wiped out. 

I think I also found this season's ranked more difficult because there was an additional challenge... the new map. Personally, Kings Canyon is home to me I know that map inside and out so trying to get my head around this new map, the different biomes, heights, routes was difficult. To make matters even worse, my holy grail, life saver, game changer was removed from the game... the Prowler. I have only had a Prowler 4 times this season (ranked) and 3 of them times I won the games... coincidence I think not! 

I am always open to play with new people, I have a fantastic club running at the moment called 'Original Goons' there is around 16-17 player in there and quite a few of them have made diamond now and a lot of them have ambition to move on a push further so feel free to join or you can just add me as a friend 'rockyboy1998'. 

@DarthValtrex I love the encouragement and the positive attitude but personally, I think Predator is way out of my reach! Master would be great though, at least once! 

Message 38 of 40 (312 Views)

@rockyboy1998 If you can make it up into Diamond solo queuing you can easily make it to Master with a pre-made squad.

Even if you had a team help you too diamond. I have seen players who have a third that they carry through platinum. The third is decent and good enough for platinum 4 or 3. But they could never make it up into Diamond solo queuing.

I think if you had 2 teammates who were of equal skill to you or at least in a similar ball park. Then you would have no issue making it into Master. That's why I suggested those 2 forum users. There are some other really good players on here who could probably help you as well. They are simply 2 I have gamed with and seen enough from to think they have chance at the top tier ranks, who are also on console.

The only issue I'd see with @Lord_Scorpion34 is ping because of location.

I have numerous friends who stall in Diamond because they can't find teammates who are on the same skill level. The people they game with are not bad at the game, but the skill gap is just enough that when they bump into a pre-made of masters/preds they get slaughtered and the 1 player who stands a chance at winning the fight is out numbered.

If you and Maxima and Scorp do go for Master, make sure you talk about loadouts so you're all on the same page. You don't want someone running a sniper, while the other is running a 99 and a Volt. Find out the players favorite loadouts, so when you drop you can loot faster and clear areas quicker. My friends and I do this, pick up the attachments instead of ping them so we don't run around the same buildings for 5 minutes.

Depending on the drop we drop to the same building, if it's slower we drop to different buildings to clear the area quicker. Once we have done our initial looting we do not split up the rest of the round.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 39 of 40 (306 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@rockyboy1998 Why’d you say King’s Canyon. Now I’m reminded of how much I miss that map Frown It was so far in the back of my mind and now I’m sad again, thanks a lot Frown

Also the same with prowler but for me it’s opposite. This CP prowler is garbage. I can’t stand digi sights... They mess me up for some reason. Every time I’ve held the prowler this season I couldn’t down a target who was oblivious of my presence XD.

But yea... if you don’t have a squad to play with, going from plat to diamond will be rough...
Message 40 of 40 (294 Views)