Some arguments against solo game mode

by DoYaSeeMe

Original Post

Re: Some arguments against solo game mode

★★★ Expert

I think the solo mode would be a completely different game, since a new map would be required, probably much larger than the current one and most, if not all the legends would require a lot of changes. Overwatch players are complaining about the deathmatch mode because of kill stealing and even a great map like Petra, witch has an area suited for each of the heroes is not able to even things out properly. 

Is it worth the effort to make almost an entirely new game that brings nothing on the table to stand out against other well established titles like PUBG, Fortnite, Battlefield? I don't think so, but even if they do, it will probably take a lot of time to be done properly. I'm not really against a solo mode, i would try it as well, but the squad mode is exponentially more fun, by comparison to other battle royale games. If they focus the effort in the teamplay direction, the game could reach new heights.

Message 11 of 20 (557 Views)

★★★ Expert

This really needed to be said.

Thanks for putting the effort into a good post man.

Message 12 of 20 (542 Views)

★★ Apprentice

SIMPLE REASON SOLO IS NECESSARY.

Weed out the dumb randos that ruin team play because they NEVER had any intention of playing as a unit, PERIOD.   Offer a SOLO MODE and VOILA!  a huge chunk of the most annoying one man army minded people will no longer be polluting team matches.

Message 13 of 20 (528 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@DamnTheseVoices 

Just curious have you played with randoms on any other br they all have terrible randoms and solo mode so your reasoning is flawed 

Message 14 of 20 (517 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Why not a proper team finder instead of the solo mode? Those that have no interest in teamplay will eventually weed out themselves, as there are little chances of survival against a squad. Also, if someone really wants to play solo, why wait for Respawn to develop it instead of just moving to other BR games?

Message 15 of 20 (496 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@DamnTheseVoices wrote:

SIMPLE REASON SOLO IS NECESSARY.

Weed out the dumb randos that ruin team play because they NEVER had any intention of playing as a unit, PERIOD.   Offer a SOLO MODE and VOILA!  a huge chunk of the most annoying one man army minded people will no longer be polluting team matches.

Solo mode won't do that, The players That don't want to play as a unit want to ruin people's games.

Solo mode will just be another game mode there is no Evidence proving that SOLO will remove toxic player's. 

In most cases like H1z1, Fortnite and etc it just makes it worse. respawn can't fix the way toxic player / Random's play.

There is nothing wrong [Even though this is a team based BR game]asking for solo mode but to use the justification of it will remove toxic players, is foolish. 

Message 16 of 20 (485 Views)

★★ Pro

People seem to forget that introducing a new game mode brings even more bugs, glitches, cheaters, etc. 

If y'all complain so much about how slow the updates are now, can you imagine having to wait for them to patch two different game modes? It's an endless amount of crying about a F2P game smh. 

Message 17 of 20 (461 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@jonesy0218 wrote:

People seem to forget that introducing a new game mode brings even more bugs, glitches, cheaters, etc. 

If y'all complain so much about how slow the updates are now, can you imagine having to wait for them to patch two different game modes? It's an endless amount of crying about a F2P game smh. 

Here's a brick wall. You may find smashing your head against it a better experience than trying to explain probable issues and balancing, not to mention splitting the MMing player base that solos would create.

To some, solo's is the holy grail of perfection and fix for this game. Any counter points to say solo's wouldn't work ends up with "get good, you need to be carried" or all manner of crazy excuses.

I say there are plenty of BRs with solos. Why on earth are people not playing those games instead? Nobody seems to answer this question. If Fortnite is so good with updates every other day, why are those people not playing Fortnite instead? (Fortnite never ever appealed to me. Don't like the look of it, or the look of the gameplay). Apex had me the first time I saw it.

Message 18 of 20 (444 Views)

★★ Pro

@Silz616 wrote:

@jonesy0218 wrote:

Here's a brick wall. You may find smashing your head against it a better experience than trying to explain probable issues and balancing, not to mention splitting the MMing player base that solos would create.

To some, solo's is the holy grail of perfection and fix for this game. Any counter points to say solo's wouldn't work ends up with "get good, you need to be carried" or all manner of crazy excuses.

I say there are plenty of BRs with solos. Why on earth are people not playing those games instead? Nobody seems to answer this question. If Fortnite is so good with updates every other day, why are those people not playing Fortnite instead? (Fortnite never ever appealed to me. Don't like the look of it, or the look of the gameplay). Apex had me the first time I saw it.

Yep... It's just frustrating because people who truly want solos are coming from a "good" place - they like the game enough to want to play it when they want, how they want. But the way they attack everybody is childish lol. Solos isn't an answer, it's a new outlet for disaster tbh. Just think of all the issues now x2. The cheaters now x2. The amount of complaints x2. The amount of unbalance x2. The rate of updates cut in half. Respawn would have to balance squads and solos and eventually, there would be a nerf/buff because of the amount of complaints in one mode and not the other, therefore, causing more issues in the community. Why can't people understand that Respawn needs to work out a better plan for the current game before adding stuff. If you can't juggle three things, why would you try to juggle ten? It doesn't make sense. 

Message 19 of 20 (436 Views)

★★★ Expert

Some good reasons for players asking for a solo mode in Apex may be: liking the particular mechanics, the legends, the weapons, the loot, this wild frontier environment set in the Titanfall universe. A questionable reason is the game being free, which makes the solo mode a big, risky effort for minimal profit, not a wise decision.

The chance of getting bad players in your team will still be the same, it's not like you can force others into playing solo mode because you think they're bad, especially after judging them by a short instance of their gameplay.

Message 20 of 20 (427 Views)