Some arguments against solo game mode

by DoYaSeeMe

Original Post

Some arguments against solo game mode

★★★ Expert

Well, I know many want a solo mode, but doubt they've put much thinking into what the game would become. I decided to bring in some reasons why I don't think it would work, at least not without significant changes that may affect the dna of Apex Legends. Here we go:

• Map is too small, also the way it's divided into areas and the layout of the terrain doesn't work well for this mode. There wouldn't be any time to loot, and the player that drops on high ground and gets a sniper rifle or even grenades would easily steal many kills from the brawl below.
  • The loot is not spread evenly and not enough for solo playing. Hotzone would be removed
  • No more team work, like pushing, flanking, calling shots, cover fire, sniper support, sharing loot, watching for enemies, combining abilities, etc.. A lot of fun would be taken out of the game in this mode, leaving the player the option to push or be pushed by the ring.
  • Legends are not balanced for 1 vs 1, their hit boxes and abilities are not equal. Caustic has a higher chance of winning fist fights at the beginning, especially when also using gas traps in closed spaces, while he's an easy target from distance. Pathfinder can reach places other legends can't . Lifeline's care package puts her at risk as she no longer has teammates to watch the surroundings. Bangalore and Gibraltar's bombings give them a serious advantage.
  • Ping system, reviving and respawning, which I'd say are important parts of this game's dna, would go down the drain.
  • Most of the current voice lines, which add a lot of flavor to the legends personality, would go down the drain as well.
  • Just imagine 50-100 players using the same legend and popping their abilities at the same time, or in the same place...

Feel free to rant or add Standard smile

Message 1 of 20 (519 Views)

Re: Some arguments against solo game mode

★ Guide
Just watch, eventually someone will come and argue about how having solos would help fix the queue issues with randoms..

Good points in your post. Keep it up.
Message 2 of 20 (506 Views)

★ Guide
I love this game, and everything that separates it from the other BR. If you take away the aspects that make Apex Legends what it is, what is it? Rant and hate all you want if you're for solos but, that would just make the game another PUBG, don't ya think?
Message 3 of 20 (502 Views)

★ Guide
None of those are reasons against them adding it, they're just reasons why you wouldn't want to play it.

If they added it, you could keep playing squads, no problem, and none of this would affect you in any way.

So what are the reasons against adding solo mode?
Message 4 of 20 (476 Views)

★ Guide

@tonycawley69 Because as soon as it is added the solo players will whine at respawn to fix all the things the OP mentoned and that turns Apex Legends in to just another Fortnite solo mode only with FPS instead ot TPS. It completely invalidates the concept of the Legends and using their strenghts and weaknesses. i.e BloodHunter with Bangalore or Caustic is powerfull.Would anyone even play LifeLine in Solo?

If you want Solo, play Fornite or PUBG.

Message 5 of 20 (465 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@DoYaSeeMe wrote:

Well, I know many want a solo mode, but doubt they've put much thinking into what the game would become. I decided to bring in some reasons why I don't think it would work, at least not without significant changes that may affect the dna of Apex Legends. Here we go:

• Map is too small, also the way it's divided into areas and the layout of the terrain doesn't work well for this mode. There wouldn't be any time to loot, and the player that drops on high ground and gets a sniper rifle or even grenades would easily steal many kills from the brawl below.
  • The loot is not spread evenly and not enough for solo playing. Hotzone would be removed
  • No more team work, like pushing, flanking, calling shots, cover fire, sniper support, sharing loot, watching for enemies, combining abilities, etc.. A lot of fun would be taken out of the game in this mode, leaving the player the option to push or be pushed by the ring.
  • Legends are not balanced for 1 vs 1, their hit boxes and abilities are not equal. Caustic has a higher chance of winning fist fights at the beginning, especially when also using gas traps in closed spaces, while he's an easy target from distance. Pathfinder can reach places other legends can't . Lifeline's care package puts her at risk as she no longer has teammates to watch the surroundings. Bangalore and Gibraltar's bombings give them a serious advantage.
  • Ping system, reviving and respawning, which I'd say are important parts of this game's dna, would go down the drain.
  • Most of the current voice lines, which add a lot of flavor to the legends personality, would go down the drain as well.
  • Just imagine 50-100 players using the same legend and popping their abilities at the same time, or in the same place...

Feel free to rant or add Standard smile

People who are against solo overlook one thing. You can still keep playing squads. No one will force you to play solos. As someone who REALLY wants solos, I can live with these “issues” you point out (even though half of them aren’t real issues to begin with )

Message 6 of 20 (456 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

lmao i knew it.

As soon as people see this thread, they're just gonna do what everyone else that wants solo will do. State that the points given which obviously validates why solos would be pointless in a game like Apex are not even reason when in fact they are. State that having solos will improve squads by eliminating toxic/non-team players from the queue when actually having solos would tarnish the point of a game like Apex Legends.

The devs made the game like this because they wanted it to be like this. If any other mode were to be made, I'd prefer it if it were duos/quads over solo because that just takes away the point of playing a game like Apex.

Message 7 of 20 (448 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

The game is built around squad / Team play from the ground up, solo's wouldn't work in this game though. Because the Nerfing of legends or " Balance" will be plastered on the forums 10 fold.

The Toxic people are still going to be playing squads no matter what game modes are put into this game. If anything should be placed in to the game should be Duo's or 4 player squads. 

Message 8 of 20 (437 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

you guys can just debate or point everything out about adding solo or not, but the last decision are not yours.

Message 9 of 20 (418 Views)

★ Guide
lmao, okay..

Just stating that it'll be pointless adding a solo because it take away what makes Apex different from other BR's. Whatever the devs decide to do is what I'll be supporting but as of right now, I haven't heard any news of a new game mode being released. If one is coming, Hoping it's duos/quads.
Message 10 of 20 (413 Views)