Re: Some Origin Games won't launch. And Returns to origin with no error.

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Some Origin Games won't launch. And Returns to origin with no error.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I use the Origin basic. Some games in the library simply do not start. This applies, for example, Worms W.M.D; The Escapist 2; Wuffo. When this, an error message does not appear. After clicking on the "Play" button, the game "thinks" for a couple of seconds and than the button returns to its previous form and nothing more. It should be noted that the game.exe appears for a short time in the task manager.

My computer configuration is as follows: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (updated); CPU Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.67GHz; RAM 12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz; GPU 4096MB ATI Radeon RX 560 Series (Gigabyte).

At the same time, more demanding games from the vault, such as BF1, BFV, FIFA19 as well as Overcooked, Unrawel Two, Mugsters and many other work perfectly.
I tried to find a solution on the forum and on the Internet and none of the recommendations helped me.
So I'm already have cleared PCs DNS cache and Origin cash, Disabled Origin in-game overlays, repaired games, re-installed Origin, tried Origin beta, chanched the location of installed games folder, ofcourse all of this from administrator, checked the windows defender’s permissions, tried safe mode boot (with network, games still do not start), so tried "clean boot" (to no effect), i have created a new Temporary Windows User Account, and tried if it launches under that Account, but nothing, i have disabled my antivirus too and i used cleaning programs, i updated graphics driver to the latest version, and yes, i have Restarted my computer. I tried tried and i so fcng tired. Please! Anyone! Help me! EAHelp, maybe you will officially suggest me to use the Steam?

UPD:EAHelp Live chat could not help me in support and sent me to the PC manufacturer. But in this place it is worth noting that, for example Worms W.M.D. correctly work on my PC, just if i launch it from GOG but not Origin. So... Issue is not solved. 

Message 1 of 7 (1,601 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @JoeKeyFar let's start by grabbing a DxDiag so that I can take a look at your system and we will take it from there: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Are all the games you are having issues with non-EA games?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (1,532 Views)

★★★ Novice

there it is

Message 3 of 7 (1,525 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @JoeKeyFar I'm seeing a number of errors in your DxDiag. Let's try using the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 7 (1,506 Views)

★★★ Novice

We went this way with live chat tech support. Already done and Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. Any other suggestions? What kind of error especially confuses you?

Message 5 of 7 (1,496 Views)

★ Novice

Hello.
Several day before I try lunch my command and conquer zero hour, but it doesnt work... after some day i try it again with no succes, so I decided uninstal the game and after this do a new instalation with Origin.  But this doesnt work too. The same issue like described up.... This is the same for my frend who have buy exactly the same package of game like me. We cant luch any of these game From Command and Conquere package. Some month aga we play it together , but for now it doesnt working... I send with Dxdiag file. When i open Origin , look on my library and pres play on game the buttun looks like it run  on a few sec a but after this is back like nothing happen... reinstal of game doesnt help...

Message 6 of 7 (1,486 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I saw this issue at least at 5 of my friends including me. It happened around the same time and for sure it is not a problem of our systems.. for example, I started this game also on my 2 older computers where if worked normally, but now it is not starting there also. And the only change happened is that origin did auto-update also there. 

So please try to figure out someone from helpdesks something. I understand the frustration of guys above my post, hearing still the same "solvings"... it is not working!

Message 7 of 7 (1,163 Views)