Solutions to improve teamplay

by DoYaSeeMe

Original Post

Re: Solutions to improve teamplay

★ Pro

Sometimes it seems that some ppl play with no sound. Way too many ppl ignore "healing!" messages - the moment you fall back to heal, they push alone like madmen.

Message 11 of 31 (403 Views)

★ Pro

@Silz616 wrote:

I do wish people would ping where they are off to. Sometimes you can be looting, look up and your squad mates have done one lol. Ping damn it!! Standard smile

Sometimes (or often) that has no effect at all. I always go for drops like a madman. I ping multiple times "Let's go there" and then "I'm going there" as I'm heading away from them, they still seem to always be confused that I was not with them when they die in the meantime. Well I don't really care that much since I got my drop, but they could have waited if they wanted to win.

Message 12 of 31 (402 Views)

★★★ Expert

@mastiffslinger wrote:

Fall back , do not engage, a few other ping additions. Good luck would be one for when a teammate decides to drop halfway across the map.

One inclusion I would like to see is the ability to ask for specific things, an example would be I have a fully kitted alternator but would prefer to find an R99 right now there is no way to convey that in the ping system. Not a game breaker. 

On a side note I have stopped using in game chat between the toxicicity t have encountered mid to late game along with people who have zero patience. I have a brain injury so sometimes I cannot convey the right words at the right time, I can ping just fine and do so frequently during the game. 

I have heard players at the beginning of a match scream if you don't have a mic I am leaving, I counter with if you don't use the ping system good luck playing the game. I have played BO4 and Fortnite and in random que games only used the mics as needed which wasn't too often as if you are generally aware of what is going on around you in game you can stay atop of questionable situations.

Now back to the topic at hand, ping callout for lifeline drone, place caustics trap here, (this would be useful for a new caustic player), callout possible zipline locations for pathfinder etc etc. 

I hope they increase the ping system, but even if they don't it is pretty amazing as it is. 

I would really want to be able to ping that i'm looking for a certain weapon.

Maybe you could click on a "armory" tab in the top right corner of your inventory tab, which opens op a list of weapons you could ping to let your squad know you want to find a certain gun.

I'd also really want to have character quips for specific hop-up's 

Right now all legends say "I need a hop-up" for all hop-up's and you have to run to your teammate to see what weapon they have, or simply ping all hop-up's you see.

Message 13 of 31 (383 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

Right now all legends say "I need a hop-up" for all hop-up's and you have to run to your teammate to see what weapon they have, or simply ping all hop-up's you see.

The hopup they want is written in the message feed (where kills are messaged) though. I'd say it's just easier to glance there than ping all hop-ups Wink.

Btw, for some reason all hopups are written in golden text, but selectfire is in purple (would expect only turbo to be in golden, or all of them); well I guess good ones are in gold.

Now that you say it, I kind of understand why ppl sometimes start pinging random hopups after I ask for skullpiercer. Aren't everyone used to keep a close eye on the killfeed? :S

Message 14 of 31 (381 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Biochemikas

Things happen very fast in this game, it's easy to miss a lot of things in the heat of the battle, the UI feedback is overwhelming at times. I'm playing with an ultrawide, big monitor and, when things intensify, I tend to sit too close to the display and the information on the sides gets far off my focus area. It happened to me to not notice that my armor was gone completely, that I was low on ammo or even that one teammate was downed, until it was too late.

I sometimes try to push when a teammate is healing, to discourage the enemies from pushing and downing him easily. I even went suicidal a few times, to buy some time for my last surviving teammate and expose the enemies, making them deplete their ammo in the process of killing me. This can work well in the first round, because they rarely have enough ammo for sustained battles, also low or no armor, medkits or shield batteries.

Message 15 of 31 (374 Views)

★★★ Expert

Hmm, I never look at the killfeed, thanks for the tip. Still, it's not the ideal place for non kill related information, especially when we also have the ping system. It wouldn't be that hard to implement messages like: "I need a Skullpiercer hop-up" or "I need a popup for my Havoc" or "Don't need it" as the opposite of "Dibs".

Another thing: using mics works against the ping system. I'd propose a no-mic challenge, to put more higlight on this nice tool.

Message 16 of 31 (372 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@DoYaSeeMe wrote:

Things happen very fast in this game, it's easy to miss a lot of things in the heat of the battle, the UI feedback is overwhelming at times.

I just thought that you may have not known about it ("I need" messages in killfeed) - useful thing to know. I do agree that they could make extra voice lines for different hopups. All weapons have their names spelled out, so why not hopups?

Bangalore even has a tutorial for each thing (yeah, that one gets annoying sometimes), so clearly amount of recorded voice lines is not a big problem.

Come to think of it, hop up name voice lines are already present, just need to cut them out of "Turbocharger here" and add "I need".

It's also quite a weird exception, since other "I need" messages are quite specific. E.g., "I need light ammo", not "I need ammo".

Message 17 of 31 (369 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@DoYaSeeMe wrote:

Another thing: using mics works against the ping system. I'd propose a no-mic challenge, to put more higlight on this nice tool.

I usually don't use my mic at all when I play with randoms (well sometimes when I get frustrated). Pings and an occasional text message is really enough. Wouldn't consider it that much of a challenge XD.

Non-random teams like talking about the weather and such, so usually it's harder to avoid using mic (but it's really not an improvement gameplay-wise).

Message 18 of 31 (358 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Actually, it's not that easy to add new voice lines. Cutting and mixing the sounds may result in some weird intonations. Hiring the voice actors again just for a few words is not worth it, but I guess they will be brought back to the studio when there's a big set of new voice lines to be prepared for an upcoming major update. Maybe we'll see some changes coming as soon as Season 2 drops...

Message 19 of 31 (347 Views)

Community Manager

Do you all think if the ammo and weapons you're using were displayed somewhere next to your Legend's UI (where your health and armor is), that can help teammates ping your ammo type and attachments?

Blueberry.png
Message 20 of 31 (338 Views)