Re: Solutions to improve teamplay

by DoYaSeeMe

Original Post

★★★ Expert

@Biochemikas wrote:

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

Right now all legends say "I need a hop-up" for all hop-up's and you have to run to your teammate to see what weapon they have, or simply ping all hop-up's you see.

The hopup they want is written in the message feed (where kills are messaged) though. I'd say it's just easier to glance there than ping all hop-ups Wink.

Btw, for some reason all hopups are written in golden text, but selectfire is in purple (would expect only turbo to be in golden, or all of them); well I guess good ones are in gold.

Now that you say it, I kind of understand why ppl sometimes start pinging random hopups after I ask for skullpiercer. Aren't everyone used to keep a close eye on the killfeed? :S

Dude, i've been playing this game for weeks now, and I never knew it showed which hop-up in the feed.

Then again it's probably cause I literally never look at the kill feed. When outside of buildings, I am looking everywhere to spot an enemy team, and inside of building i'm looking at all the sweet loot I just found.

Thanks for letting me know, this info was sadly missing from the various "tips for beginners" video's I watched when I first started playing.

Cheers!

Message 21 of 31 (440 Views)

★★★ Expert

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

Do you all think if the ammo and weapons you're using were displayed somewhere next to your Legend's UI (where your health and armor is), that can help teammates ping your ammo type and attachments?

That is actually an idea I really really like.

If I find a spitfire upon landing, and I see my team mate looted a wingman, I will ping the first extended heavy mag I find for that wingman, instead of just grabbing it without a second thought like I do now.

Also allows people to ping items more specifically instead of generally pinging things that are mostly used.

Another thing I would like the see added to character frames bottom left, is what level helmet my team mates have equipped.

Message 22 of 31 (436 Views)

★★★★ Guide

If you go to the inventory menu you can see your teammates gear, backpack, helmet etc It would be nice to see that in game without having to go into the menu to do so. Right above their shield and health as it is in the menu. I know that the development team like all other battle royale game developers is concerned about hud space, but it would be nice to quick glance it. In that same tone you could have your teammates weapons and attachments as well. It would not clutter the hud too much and would make helping your teammates easier. 

Message 23 of 31 (429 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

The combat HUD could have an extended view and a minimal one:

• The extended view would have more info regarding your teammates, like weapons and upgrades, chest armor and helmet, ultimate ability state, and maybe their last item request (which could be turned off automatically when receiving that or expire after a while).
  • The minimal view would be even less than how the UI is right now, hiding the legends portraits, weapon icons and names, maybe even the map, while showing the current round info only when  it's about to end.

They views could be named loot mode and battle mode, the default being always the first.

To take this idea even further, the game could add a section in the settings to allow the player to decide what to see / hide in each of the modes:the minimap, the round timer, message feed, legends icons, weapon icons, top compass, teammates weapons, etc.).

Alternatively, the extended view could be only shown while holding down a dedicated key.

Message 24 of 31 (417 Views)

Champion (Retired)

They've said that the Season 2 Battle Pass will include some challenges which players may complete. So, hopefully, those challenges will have a positive influence on players. Wondering

Message 25 of 31 (396 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I would say a tip from me would be...

When you have a rage-o-holic, screecher, offensive lunatic, or just some regular Joe that doesn't show their true colors until they get knocked down... here's what you do.

IMMEDIATELY mute them.

Don't respond.

Don't keep listening to their toxic behavior towards you or another teammate/friend.

Everyone has freedom to talk crap. You also have the freedom to tune it out.

Sticking around and letting a toxic player get under your skin will ultimately affect your game play.

Whether you get yourself worked up or simply distracted, you're not going to be focusing on the endgame.

You have better chances of having a 2 man squad win with higher focus than to let someone affect your game play and get wiped almost immediately.

Message 26 of 31 (390 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

+1 to this thread. 

Personally, as someone already mentioned, sound is -most of the times- what makes a game a win or a game over; too often i see people going around blindly just to rescue a downed trammate or loot a certain area while enemies are around. Apex need full attention to the game enviroment: footsteps, gunshots, enemy clues.

Ping system is another point we need to clarify: we've been discussing and commenting new modes (including solo's) for a long time now but some of us keep saying that if new modes will be implemented the ping system will become useless. Still, once in game 80% (this is just my feeling so i will not be able to provide anything to proof it) of the players just do not use it or don't care when someone pings something or when they are about to attack an area.

So, why? 

I said already long time ago that we still need a lot of work to be able to co-op but we are going to the right direction; at the launch i always felt like nobody cares about you but on my way i found great comrades who became game friends always ready to play and spit blood for you!

This are, for me, the points we still need to work on, for the rest i can just say we are doing a great job! 

Message 27 of 31 (379 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

Do you all think if the ammo and weapons you're using were displayed somewhere next to your Legend's UI (where your health and armor is), that can help teammates ping your ammo type and attachments?

@EA_Blueberry That's a great idea

Message 28 of 31 (343 Views)

★★ Guide

There is no solutions to improve teamplay for people that don't care about being a teamplayer. If you play alone it's a roll of the dice.

Message 29 of 31 (328 Views)

★★★ Expert

@xXCA_RageXx wrote:

There is no solutions to improve teamplay for people that don't care about being a teamplayer. If you play alone it's a roll of the dice.

You're totally right about that, the unwilling will remain that way. But I think the thread is mostly aimed at adding some tweaks so team players can communicate more effectively without voice chat.

Message 30 of 31 (311 Views)