Re: Solutions to improve teamplay

by SMES0N

Original Post

Solutions to improve teamplay

★★★ Expert

There's too much talking about other modes and matchmaking, but not enough support for teamplay. Why not share some team strategy tips, tricks and stories? Why not suggest ways to communicate better or improvements to the ping system (although it's already great)?

Actually, this should be a forum thread, with topics like "The art of picking fights", "Fall back - wise move or cowardice?", "How to be a great sniper support", "Bait trickery", "How to get pinched and die", and so on. Standard smile

Message 1 of 31 (561 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@DoYaSeeMe wrote:

There's too much talking about other modes and matchmaking, but not enough support for teamplay. Why not share some team strategy tips, tricks and stories? Why not suggest ways to communicate better or improvements to the ping system (although it's already great)?

Actually, this should be a forum thread, with topics like "The art of picking fights", "Fall back - wise move or cowardice?", "How to be a great sniper support", "Bait trickery", "How to get pinched and die", and so on. Standard smile

It's a great idea, but I'd end up writing a huge wall of text.

A quick few points:-

Always keep an eye on your squads shields and health (especially if you're playing as lifeline). Help them with health, or ping armour upgrades for them ( I sometimes stand close to the pinged stuff so they can find it if they don't acknowledge the ping).

High ground is king. Always try to set up high before an engagement.

Don't shoot on sight. Look for other teams. Reposition to give an advantage. Wait before engaging to assess the situation.

Try not to engage in the wide open, or if you hear gunfire from multiple directions.. You'll get pinched. Don't play like Rambo lol.

Try to wait for your team before engaging. Ping the enemy and wait.

If your team are not keeping up with your pace, slow down for them.

Don't hoard to much ammo or health kits. Spread the wealth.

Try to be patient.

Edit: With no voice chat, I have flanked the last team of 3 as my 2 team mates headed over to engage. All 3 of the other team came out to play and before they knew it, I had killed 2 and knocked 1 for the win.

Message 2 of 31 (550 Views)

★★★ Guide

gl to comunicate in EU servers 95% of ppl dont have mic or dont even understand english

Message 3 of 31 (546 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Exaggeration. Most people in EU speak english, and most people have a mic. They just tend to not use it as Apex got a good ping system so its not needed as much. 

Message 4 of 31 (537 Views)

★★★ Expert

I don't want to use a microphone because I usually play at night, I have to keep quiet, and I also mute players to avoid toxicity. The Ping system is excellent for communication, but maybe some messages like "let's fall back","maybe we shouldn't push right now" ("let's chicken out", haha) or "can't save you right now" should be added, to make things more clear. I am usually trying to warn the others through the chat, but it's much slower and risky to enter in chat mode than using the ping system.

A feature that could help would be the ability to ping items in your inventory that you can give away, "I have a spare mag, level 3" or "Anyone wants my G7 Scout ?". Some time could be saved, as you wouldn't have to drop and ping, then having the teammate come back to take it. Another thing that could sometimes greatly help teammatesy would be the ability to drop stuff from your inventory when you're downed.

One strategy that I like to use is to keep some distance between the other 2, especially when I carry a sniper rifle, moving as stealthy as possible and carefully looking around. The enemies often push, thinking that it's only a team of two, but then I come up and land some shots, confusing them. If I'm the one that gets noticed first, I fire a few shots and run away, trying to lure the enemies in an ambush. It often worked, when the teammates were skilled. Staying away also gave me the chance to revive or retrieve beacons and run away unnoticed, when more teams were fighting. The downside is having a low kill count, despite the high damage.

Message 5 of 31 (525 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Fall back , do not engage, a few other ping additions. Good luck would be one for when a teammate decides to drop halfway across the map.

One inclusion I would like to see is the ability to ask for specific things, an example would be I have a fully kitted alternator but would prefer to find an R99 right now there is no way to convey that in the ping system. Not a game breaker. 

On a side note I have stopped using in game chat between the toxicicity t have encountered mid to late game along with people who have zero patience. I have a brain injury so sometimes I cannot convey the right words at the right time, I can ping just fine and do so frequently during the game. 

I have heard players at the beginning of a match scream if you don't have a mic I am leaving, I counter with if you don't use the ping system good luck playing the game. I have played BO4 and Fortnite and in random que games only used the mics as needed which wasn't too often as if you are generally aware of what is going on around you in game you can stay atop of questionable situations.

Now back to the topic at hand, ping callout for lifeline drone, place caustics trap here, (this would be useful for a new caustic player), callout possible zipline locations for pathfinder etc etc. 

I hope they increase the ping system, but even if they don't it is pretty amazing as it is. 

Message 6 of 31 (510 Views)

Community Manager

Great discussion here. Would love to see an option to let others know "I'm ready to fight." At lunch there was a situation where the two squad mates were geared up but I still needed time to loot for more ammo, but they engaged the enemy and I wasn't all that effective. Frown

When someone drops solo or tends to go their own way, do you follow them? In some cases I think there is a miscommunication on who is the "leader" of the squad.

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 31 (485 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@adidasPowah wrote:

gl to comunicate in EU servers 95% of ppl dont have mic or dont even understand english

Quite a bold statement from I'm guessing not a EU resident? You do know that English is a mandatory course, usually already starting from elementary school, in alot of European countries right? One better is that alot of affluent countries in Europe have pretty decent English writers/speakers in comparison to the US, since we get brought up dual-lingual or with more than 2 languages from birth.

Message 8 of 31 (478 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

Great discussion here. Would love to see an option to let others know "I'm ready to fight." At lunch there was a situation where the two squad mates were geared up but I still needed time to loot for more ammo, but they engaged the enemy and I wasn't all that effective. Frown

When someone drops solo or tends to go their own way, do you follow them? In some cases I think there is a miscommunication on who is the "leader" of the squad.

If I have ping happy team mates or marathon runners I'll follow them so we stick together. I very rarely end up far from my squad, even if they are heading for death I'll follow just to be an extra weapon in the fight. If we die, there's always another game.

I do wish people would ping where they are off to. Sometimes you can be looting, look up and your squad mates have done one lol. Ping damn it!! Standard smile

Message 9 of 31 (444 Views)

★★★ Expert

Pinging your own weapons should be added as well. If you tell your teammates that you own a longbow, they will understand why you are keeping some distance, avoiding close quarter combat or lagging behind while looting for the right scope. I often pick loot I don't need at that moment, especially if it's high tier, to later switch to a certain weapon if I find one along the way, but I'd gladly give the spares away to teammates that can use them right away.

I think there shouldn't be a leader in the squad, calling the shots. The game is great in conveying that the chances of surviving alone are way slimmer than by sticking with the teammates, but still, players often rush suicidally and it's best to not follow them closely all the time. Everyone is free to go their own way, most people are still in the learning process, some have personal challenges ( kills,badges, mozambique, no armor, etc.), etc.. If they are communicate their diverse intentions easily, all is good, and that's where the ping system could shine even more.

Message 10 of 31 (436 Views)